Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone done Center Parcs in Holland?

(7 Posts)
triplets Mon 22-Aug-11 23:53:41

Just booked today for this Frid coming, got a VIP for a week for the same price as a comfort lodge midweek in UK! Park is Het Heijderbos, anyone been there?

gardeningsarah Wed 24-Aug-11 07:21:06

Yes, we've been there, probably about 4 years ago, from what I can remember we enjoyed ourselves. The DC'S were approx 6 & 4. We do the center parcs in Holland every year as they cheaper then the ones here. The staff speak excellent English. The indoor Jungle dome, was great for the children. I think we also had a VIP villa there, with a sauna.

BehindLockNumberNine Wed 24-Aug-11 07:25:28

We did Het Heijderbos 3 years ago, when the children were 9 and 5. We had a fantastic time. The Jungle Dome and the Aqua Mundo were great, we hired bikes and cycled all round the park (the evening bike ride after dinner became a regular feature, just for fun) and there are activities you can book in advance such as the zip wire and snorkelling.

We had a great week and the children are asking when we are going to go back.

triplets Wed 24-Aug-11 07:49:18

Thank you both really looking forward to it, need a break as my dh is battling cancer, its been hard on our trio. They will just take themselves off once they get their bearings so give me a break! Just had a pm on tripadviser from someone who has been there, she said she doesn`t think the park is as nice as the english ones and the food prices etc are a rip off, we went to Elvedon in March for 4 nights and just couldn`t afford to eat out, so am expecting the same. Used to piling up our car with everything I possibly can!

triplets Wed 24-Aug-11 08:01:34

Oh no......wish I hadn`t looked the price today has gone down by 200 euros, could have paid for meals outsad

Portofino Thu 25-Aug-11 11:46:48

Try www.landal.com too - much like CPs but I think the accommodation is better - and it's MUCH cheaper!

I've just booked 3 nights at Hoog Vaals for the October half term and a 2 bed villa was 250 euros.

SecretSquirrels Thu 25-Aug-11 18:12:45

I've been to het hejderbos.
The European Center Parcs are not as smart as the UK ones but they have the same general facilities and are much, much cheaper.
The UK parks have higher standard accommodation and posher restaurants but the pools are the same.
In the summer holidays they often have free kids meals in all the restaurants if your children are small enough for the kids menu. Even if they are not it's not as pricy to eat out as the uk.

You'll love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now