Talk

Advanced search

Holiday operators... worth sticking with the main ones... Tompson/thomas cook etc

(3 Posts)
Pigleychez Thu 18-Aug-11 10:22:29

Planning our first abroad trip since having the girls for next spring time.

Lately theres been so much in the news about different holiday company's going bust and people being stuck in various countries. It kinda makes me nervous about what company to choose and wondering if its worth just sticking with the big main companies. Tompson/Thomas cook etc.

It would be a complete nightmare stuck with a 2 and 3yr old in a foreign country.

Anyone else feel similar or am I overthinking this and worrying over nothing (as normal!)

scurryfunge Thu 18-Aug-11 10:24:41

I wouldn't worry so much but do your research about companies before you book and look at reviews about how customers are treated. Always book a holiday with a credit card and make sure the company is ABTA, etc.

tulpe Mon 22-Aug-11 00:33:42

We always book our summer holiday independently rather than a tour operator and have saved ourselves loads of money and never had any problems.

Don't forget that even the larger tour operators can have issues and you don't necessarily get the level of customer service support from reps that you think you will.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now