Talk

Advanced search

Like Siblu but in Italy?

(4 Posts)
greedygoose Thu 11-Aug-11 20:47:36

Keen to go further afield than France next summer and ?drive. Want some sun! Went to Carabasse a few weeks ago which we loved despite thunderstorms but would love to have sun, sun, sun but also a road trip. Has anyone any recommendations? Thanks

Portofino Fri 12-Aug-11 09:17:51

Glad you enjoyed La Carabasse - we had a fab time, but sounds like we were luckier with the weather....

We have been to Union Lido in Italy with Canvas before - which we loved, though we went in June and despite there being 2 pool complexes it was hard to get a sunbed. Portofelice is one I am looking at for next year after some MN recommendations.

Last year we went to Park Albatros in Tuscany (again with Canvas), which was fab - though I think Eurocamp had better mobiles. That has a huge pool complex and a great central entertainment area with playground, bars, ice cream parlour etc. They ran excursions to Elba, Florence and San Giminagno but we just stayed by the pool.

It was HOT - and it is a long way! We took 3 weeks and stopped off in Germany and northern Italy on the way out, and then did 3 nights at Lake Como (gorgeous) and 3 nights in Switzerland on the the way back.

makemineapinot Tue 16-Aug-11 15:56:04

here is amazing - one of the few places I've ever gone back to!! It's on the beach, within walking distance of Eraclea Mare which has shops, restauarants etc 9and a market) lovely restaurant on site, 4 pools with slides, a big supermarket and loads of play areas. there is entertainment if you want it and it's not in your face. Wee cars and boats for the dc - again not in your face. beach is perfect golden sand and gently shelves into the sea. Can do day trips to Venice and caorle - caorle has a fab waterpark next to bus station. We'll be going back!! Glad you also enjoyed la carabasse - we're looking at it for next July!

makemineapinot Tue 16-Aug-11 15:56:41

oops - just noticed you'd mentioned Portofleice too Portofino!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now