Talk

Advanced search

Day trip to Tangier from Spain, anyone?

(3 Posts)
MrsCornish Mon 08-Aug-11 09:41:23

Has anyone done the day trip from Tarifa to Tangier? We're going to be in Andalucia, with 7 and 11 yo, and they'd love to go to 'Africa' but has anyone done this trip? I reckon it might be quite grim - as in, touristy, hawkers, not pretty bit of morrocco, and as i can get a bit anxious when out of my comfort zone, i'm not sure whether to risk it. any experience?

cubscout Mon 08-Aug-11 18:19:11

Yes, we have done this - it was quite fun. To get the best deals though you need to book a 'tour' at the travel agent, costs little more than the ferry tickets anyway and includes lunch. We were met by a guide who gave us a quick drive around, walk around the bazaar and (as per usual I suspect) we were ferried into a few shops. However, it was all quite low key and travelling as a family was quite different to when I went as a single woman many moons ago (would not care to repeat that!). Most of the travel agents in Tarifa will organise this for you.

MrsCornish Tue 09-Aug-11 13:24:07

Thanks - that's helpful. I think i've concluded that, as we are staying a long drive away from Tarifa, it would be a ridiculously ambitious day trip anyway... so i'm hanging onto your use of the word 'quite' to tell myself that we won't be missing much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now