Talk

Advanced search

Thomas Cook Airlines - Help reassure me please!!

(8 Posts)
Friendlymum67 Sat 06-Aug-11 01:01:09

Am flying with 2 DC and mum to Cyprus next week and thought I would just check to see what the reviews of TC airlines are like ...... I wish I hadn't!! Has anybody had recent experience of flying with TC - all the reviews make the flights sound hellish!!

Joolyjoolyjoo Sat 06-Aug-11 01:03:38

I think we flew with TC last year, and it was fine smile Us, our friends and 5 children between us, and we had no problems. Relax and look forward to your holiday! (envy)

Lisatheonewhoeatsdrytoast Sat 06-Aug-11 01:18:10

Aw no, we've flew with Thomas Cook three times in the last 2 years and every time it has been great, no problems whatsoever!

DeflatedAssets Sat 06-Aug-11 06:56:37

Reading your subject, for a moment there I though Thomas cook was about to go into administration!!

We've had no problems with tc... Relax & Enjoy!

Pudding2be Sat 06-Aug-11 07:40:39

My mum and dad were delayed coming back from Crete a few years ago for about 4-6 hours ish I think it was.

They took them to the airport and checked their luggage in. They then put them on a coach to a nearby hotel where they put on free food and drinks, and kept giving regular updates. About an hour before the flight was due to take off they took them back to the airport. They really couldn't fault how they were treated.

I got delayed for 8 hours with airtours, was left in Crete airport with only enough cash for a sandwich. When we finally got on the plane I was tired, hungry and upset; my ex had to kick off at the cabin crew to get me a sandwich. I will never fly with a budget airline again unless it's a very short flight angry

hifi Sat 06-Aug-11 07:42:42

they are about as good a any budget airline. i found it quite stressful last time as there were only 3 checkin desks open for 5 flights,went thru security and had to oard straight away. had no chance to eat anything or buy magazines etc. the food is awful on board.

DorisVinyard Sat 06-Aug-11 08:44:43

Flown with them twice this year - no problems.

Friendlymum67 Sat 06-Aug-11 09:32:46

Thanks everyone! Always resisted the urge to check reviews and for good reason I guess! Will listen to the 'combined expertise' of mumsnetters instead grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now