Talk

Advanced search

Da Balaia, Portugal - Club Med

(3 Posts)
babyocho Thu 04-Aug-11 20:56:57

I am thinking of booking this for mid October. Anyone been, is it as nice as it looks?

Will the pool still be nice and warm in October?

TIA

hermioneweasley Thu 04-Aug-11 21:06:25

We went about 4 years ago in May. Food was amazing, best quality I've had in a hotel by a long way (and we normally stay 4 or 5 *). Rooms were nice and had a little fridge. Room for sterilising bottles etc was ok at best. Resort is v hilly - hard to get round with a buggy, but not impossible. Beach was nice. I should think the pool wil still be ok if early October. Downside is it's very geared up to French visitors so DS struggled in the kids club ( he was about 12 months at the time). Having said that, there were English speaking kids in some of the older sessions who seemed to be having a great time. There is a little hotel shop, but it sells nappies individually for about 50p each, so just take your own!

Overall, would really recommend it and would definitely go back.

Other place we loved and have gone back to is the Hilton in dalaman/sarigerme in Turkey. Absolutey fantastic facilities - better than da balaia.

Beegey Thu 18-Aug-11 23:33:20

We went last year and mostly loved it. Could not believe the quality of the food, really sensational. A beautiful resort, the beaches are great - we went just before our dd's 1st b'day and got around fine with our buggy.

We found the rooms a bit tired and basic, but perfectly adequate. Very French but that is to be expected with Club Med. Quite a few Brit and Irish families, all very friendly.

Only thing that really wound us up were the cheesy and NOISY poolside games - clearly fun for some guests but not for us. Difficult to relax with a book by the pool sometimes because of the awful piped Euro Pop music and cringey games. But hey ho, on the whole it was great and we will be going again.

We went in June, weather was perfect, no idea about October, sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now