Talk

Advanced search

First Choice Holiday Villages

(14 Posts)
roseyposeysmum Mon 01-Aug-11 08:45:36

Morning.

Am looking at taking my dd to the First Choice Holiday Village in Rhodes and wondered if anybody had any experiance of these places. They seem to have good reviews, with a couple of dodgy ones thrown in for good measure.

Am thinking ofr going the 1st week in May 2012 - is this a good time to go to Greece, i want to avoid the really hot weather but want it to be warm enough that it feels like we are on holiday.

Any advice would be very welcome

Thanks

woolleybear Mon 01-Aug-11 19:04:15

We went to the Holiday Village in Lanzarote in July 2010 and had a great holiday. I guess it depends what you want from your holiday. Dd (nearly 4 at the time) loved it, swimming pool and kids club were particular hits with her. Food wasn't the best but certainly not the worst we've had, kids stuff was very repetitive but they are free to eat adult stuff instead.

SoftKittyWarmKitty Wed 03-Aug-11 14:29:35

Woolleybear I'm going there in two weeks with DS, so it's good to know that it's decent! Can't wait, in fact!

RPM I know someone who took their 1yo to the Cyprus Holiday Village and loved it, think they went in May and weather was lovely, it will probably be similar weather in Rhodes at that time. Why don't you look up some reviews (Trip Advisor etc) and see what the people who went this May and last May said about the weather while they were there?

Ilovebagsandbruuuce Wed 03-Aug-11 21:21:22

Watching with interest as this is my no 1 choice for early may next year too! A mn meet up there perhaps??!!

Ilovebagsandbruuuce Wed 03-Aug-11 23:34:13

Bit the bullet and booked! Am very excited,it looks fab and is only about a year old, so pretty much a brand new hotel. Let me know if you decide to book to OP.

roseyposeysmum Fri 05-Aug-11 14:28:54

what week are you going ?

Ilovebagsandbruuuce Sat 06-Aug-11 14:15:56

We arrive 02 may. Going with dp, DS age 1 and dd age 5.

TheGoddessBlossom Sun 14-Aug-11 21:31:14

We did the sharm el sheik one in Egypt two years running, rooms were amazing, food great. We loved it

Sparklyblue Fri 19-Aug-11 12:24:14

I was only looking at this brochure last night. The Rhodes one looks fantastic.
The one in the Costa Del Sol looks lovely too. Oh flippin eck, the ones in Tenerife and Lanzarote look good too.
How do I decide?

gregssausageroll Sun 21-Aug-11 13:25:26

We're considering this for next year too Sparkly. Don't know which to go for.

CJMommy Tue 23-Aug-11 11:16:57

We're off to the Cyprus one in a few weeks with a 3 y/o and 9 month old - will let you know what it's like!

sunnysunnyshine Wed 07-Sep-11 07:34:05

Oooh softkitty how was it?? We're going to the Lanzarote holiday village in 11 days! Any tips?

ash6605 Fri 09-Sep-11 23:41:28

Can't advise on the others but have been to the Majorca one 5 years running! we love it,theres so much for the kids to do that we always end up going back

hayleysd Tue 13-Sep-11 07:21:59

We went to turkey one in may and it was fab for kids, would def go back, going to Egypt one next aug and want to go to the Cyprus one too, highly recommend them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now