Talk

Advanced search

Family holiday in October cheap & sunny - any suggestions?

(7 Posts)
Ohforfoxsake Fri 29-Jul-11 19:48:54

After holidaying in the UK for the last few years, I'm thinking of some sun in October half-term but am getting baffled by it all. I'm quite up for a bit of a package deal, and I'm wondering if anyone has any gems they've found. There's 2 adults & 4 children (4 - 9). I've looked at Majorca, Lanzarote but I've never been to any of these places and never planned a family holiday like this. Tripadvisor is very helpful, but generally puts me off. All help, advice, top tips and direction is very much appreciated!

Ohforfoxsake Sat 30-Jul-11 10:56:55

Everyone off on their own hols? wink

StayClassy Sat 30-Jul-11 12:40:05

We are going to Coral Bay in Cyprus in October (2 adults and 2 under 5). For weather at that time of year we also looked at the Canaries and Malta. We went to Gran Canaria in Feb and it was lovely.
What kind of things are you looking for? Will you be hoping to lie around the pool or do you like to get out and about?

Ohforfoxsake Sun 31-Jul-11 08:48:42

Thanks Stayclassy. I fluctuate between the all inclusive-chips and cola for kids breakfast-kids club- sit by the pool and read a book type holiday, and a villa with a pool and tripping to the local shop for bread every day but still have to cook-a-meal-clean-up-a-meal several times a day.
I just want the chance to relax and stop! grin

Ohforfoxsake Sun 31-Jul-11 09:21:03

I hadn't considered Malta but have just seen a pretty good deal on the paper this morning so off to investigate smile

StayClassy Tue 02-Aug-11 12:55:05

We're going down the all-inclusive, kids-club option grin
Malta looked pretty reasonable, I think it has a bit of a reputation as destination for, ahem, older holidaymakers, but as long as the weather is nice and there's a beach and pool, who cares?

Sawyer64 Thu 11-Aug-11 23:05:04

We went to Malta in June,very hot,very interesting place,if you like visiting.We went to this hotel HERE

We went on a Timeshare deal for £99 for 5 of us,and they put us in a two bedroomed fantastic suite with dishwasher,fridgefreezer,TV/DVD etc. Hotel was fantastic :8 swimming pools,about 5 restaurants.We gave up 1 morning to listen to the Timeshare spiel,while the kids were in the kids club.Thoroughally recommend the hotel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now