Talk

Advanced search

PARIS FOR KIDS - AND CHEAP! ONE DAY ONLY!

(7 Posts)
ilovetomandjerry Thu 28-Jul-11 22:21:34

Hi - shall be in Paris for 1 night this coming Saturday/Sunday with 5 kids in tow - 13 - 6.yrs old.

Any must see places ? (cheap or free!) - def doing Eiffel tower but will have time for something else.

Thanks.

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Thu 28-Jul-11 23:11:42

I asked something similar the other day, here

We've decided against attempting the eiffel tower this time (queues are dire) - think we'll go up the Arc de Triomphe instead.

Dogsby Thu 28-Jul-11 23:21:38

the bateau bus hting - not a normal river tour - hop on and off all along the main sites on the river

Dogsby Thu 28-Jul-11 23:22:13

www.batobus.com/english/Batobus-navettes-promenade-paris-seine-escales.htm

smelli Thu 28-Jul-11 23:25:44

We did this in June. Do book the Eiffel Tower (you can do it online) as queues are horrendous.
We went to Les Halles and had some crepes by this church I had never heard of called St Eustache. There is a sort of amphitheatre where you can sit and eat. There was also playground there that the kids enjoyed.
We went to the Pompidou. Our 7 year old loved the idea of the inside out building, the colour coded pipes and the views at the top. He enjoyed the street performers, then we wandered over to Notre Dame where the little birds will land on your hand to feed (free entry but we were too lazy to go in). Much more enjoyable than I thought.

Never been but apparently the science museum in La Defense is fab.

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Fri 29-Jul-11 18:14:59

Children have free admission to the Museés du Louvre and d'Orsay, probably more, I note from my snatched Internet searches today smile

ilovetomandjerry Tue 02-Aug-11 22:11:22

Thanks all for your ideas. We climbed to the top of the Sacre Coeur and the Eiffel Tower. Also took a river cruise and travelled on the Metro.

Nothing was free but the kids (and us) had a GREAT time!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now