Talk

Advanced search

Portugal recommendations pls

(7 Posts)
EssexBecca Wed 27-Jul-11 21:08:37

hi, we've just booked flights to Faro for a week next April on a bit of a whim. Now looking for accommodation.
I've never been to Portugal before so not much idea of what to expect or where is best to go.
We'd like to be near a beach and town with activities because it's so early in season I'm aware weather may not be great so we might need activities other than beach/pool.
Ideally we'd stay somewhere ds (7) might meet other children too as he's an only but not looking for childcare. A heated pool wld be fab.
Budget not big issue as flights were cheap and low rates in April usually anyway.
Finally we do like good food and we don't like to drive in the eve on holiday(so we can take in the local wine!)
Any suggestions welcome!
TIA

Hellishday Wed 27-Jul-11 21:12:31

Rocha Brava in Carvoiero is a good resort.

hazel1975 Fri 29-Jul-11 12:53:37

we are planning to do that... and are looking at a private villa for a group us - 5 kids and 6 adults.
have found lovely complex in Villamoura - 25 mins from Faro airport and only £750 for the whole villa for a week during easter hols!

out of interest who did you book your flights with?

auroraday Sun 31-Jul-11 10:00:57

Vila Vita was always the best one - Pine Cliffs is reasonable too. There is now another big new resort but the name escapes me!

wonkylegs Sun 07-Aug-11 22:02:05

We've been looking at Martinhal (big new) but worried it's a bit big and not really 'us' although all the photos are very nice and I've seen good reviews

bellavita Sun 07-Aug-11 22:04:15

Sheraton Algaeve hotel is lovely - in the same resort Pine Cliffs are there which auroraday mentioned.

EssexBecca Mon 08-Aug-11 18:49:21

Thanks for the suggestions all. Will research them some more, especially to see if any have a heated pool, after just returning from a hol with v v cold pools, that could be a clincher.
@hazel1975 - Easyjet from Southend airport, they start flying from there a week before we go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now