Talk

Advanced search

24 hours in Paris with dp and 10yo ds

(7 Posts)
JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Sun 24-Jul-11 18:19:42

We're heading to the area around Mont St Michel (as always) in a few days, and thought this time we'd plan a trip to Paris, too.

I actually know Paris quite well but dp and ds have never been (plus I've not been for over a decade so I'm rather out of the loop).

Where should we stay? We need parking (train way too dear). And what should we do? I'm very blush because I don't know where to start! Also of course last time I went it was all about visiting bars - this time I need to take ds into account grin

I'm pondering the Etap Hotel in Villette, but don't know la Villette as an area at all.

Ponders Sun 24-Jul-11 20:08:18

Paris hotels with parking on tripadvisor

Def have a river boat ride. There are sightseeing open-top city buses too & you can do guided cycling tours.

MindtheGappp Sun 24-Jul-11 20:19:39

It's pretty easy to park in central Paris this time of year. When we were in Paris a few years ago, we had a hotel near the Arc de Triomphe and parked in an underground garage on Avenue McMahon. I can't remember the price but thought that it was reasonable. We had to remove the roof box from our car because of height restrictions.

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Sun 24-Jul-11 21:02:23

That's good to know, Gapp. Thank you smile

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 24-Jul-11 22:42:58

Gapp - I live near the Arc de Triomphe and our local underground car park is around 27 euros for 24 hours! (You can park in the Bois de Boulogne, and on the edge of the 16th, near the Bois for nothing.)

I would do Batobus, rather than one of the huge cattle ships with 500 people. No guide, but you can hop on and off all day. Or just go round and round in circles if you want.

You should go to Paris Plage too - there is more going on in the Bassin de la Villette than on the Seine for your son, than along the Seine, but it is always nice to walk along the Seine. smile

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Sun 24-Jul-11 23:27:02

I was an au pair near the Arc de Triomphe, MrsSchadenfreude smile

We'd walk home (me and my fellow au pairs from hell) from Les Halles or the Latin Quarter via the Rue de Rivoli, Place de la Concorde, Champs Elysee and whatnot at 4 am. Happy days smile

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Sun 24-Jul-11 23:33:28

I also posted in Chat btw. Sorry blush

Chat thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now