Talk

Advanced search

Going abroad with baby

(3 Posts)
scaryfairy28 Mon 18-Jul-11 18:39:08

Taking 3.5month old dd to turkey in sept any advice from those who've done it?

Nefret Tue 19-Jul-11 11:09:48

I first took my baby to Turkey when she was 8 weeks and we lived out there until she was 18 months smile

If you are bottle feeding then take your formula with you as it is very expensive and you can't always get all the brands out there. Use bottled water for bottles, Erikli or Nestle are the best for babies. If you are breastfeeding you will be fine feeding anywhere, they are very tolerant of feeding mothers.

You can but your nappies out there, they have the same sizes as over here, Pampers are called Prima and they are a bit more expensive than the UK but I used Turkish brands, which are cheaper and just as good, Molfix, Evy Baby and Can Baby are good makes. You can get your wipes there too but take your own nappy sacks.

Make sure you have plenty of high factor sun cream as it will be very hot. Also take a canpoy for the buggy, you can put a piece of material over it too and hold in place with a clothes peg, a sarong works well.

For the beach or pool a UV suit is a good idea and a hat.

You will find Turkey very baby friendly, the Turkish people love babies and they go out of their way to help you.

Where are you staying?

scaryfairy28 Tue 19-Jul-11 15:55:20

We are going to the Neilson resort in Foca. Thanks for the advice about nappies DD is BF so no worries there. Going to get a UV suit and hat and I have a giant muslin square that should do as a sun screen. Thanks again for the advice I love mumsnet for this kind of stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now