Talk

Advanced search

Easyjet and baby

(15 Posts)
scaryfairy28 Mon 18-Jul-11 18:37:14

Has anyone flown with a baby in easyjet? Is it ok dd will be 3.5 months I know recommendation says to feed on take off but easyjet website says no bf what should do? Argue it or put up or try a bottle?

Shanghai Mon 18-Jul-11 18:38:32

they say you can't breast feed???? I'm pretty sure that's against the law!!

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 18-Jul-11 18:39:43

Are you sure?

Because I've bf on easyjet flights.

Baby will be on your lap so easy to bf.

scaryfairy28 Mon 18-Jul-11 18:43:33

Sorry my mistake website says "Yes you can breast feed on board at any time except during take off and landing." what should I do about ears popping? Was planning to feed?

TheCrackFox Mon 18-Jul-11 18:45:08

Just breastfeed, I wouldn't imagine that the stewards would notice TBH.

WannabeNigella Mon 18-Jul-11 18:45:10

A dummy works fine if you use one.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 18-Jul-11 18:48:19

I just bf and no-one said anything. Baby was on my lap cuddled into me anyway.

My babies never had dummies so bf at 3 months would have been the only option.

scaryfairy28 Mon 18-Jul-11 19:11:10

Thanks that reassures me a bit, trying unsuccessfully to get her to take dummy just now!

RitaMorgan Mon 18-Jul-11 19:20:51

I breastfed on take off and landing and never had a problem! You have to have the baby on your lap with a lap belt round them, but even with that done up I could feed ds without an issue. The staff didn't say anything to me, other than just checking I had his seat belt on properly.

SparkyUK Mon 18-Jul-11 23:29:49

Yes, you can totally BF with the seat belt on. That said, my kids never seemed to have problems with their ears popping anyway. I think it was one of the many things that I built up into a Big Thing and then nothing came of it. (There are probably about a thousand of these from the last 3 years.)

My concern with easy jet would be more about the other passengers and the rush to get seats, not being able to sit with DH bc lets face it, when carrying a 3.5 month old you can't hustle as fast as the others.

RitaMorgan Mon 18-Jul-11 23:31:12

You can board first if you have a child under 5 though - and no one wants to sit next to a baby anyway grin

wonkylegs Mon 18-Jul-11 23:36:07

I flew loads with DS as a baby, family is all at opposite end of the country. Mainly with Easyjet. Was never a problem and always BF during takeoff & landing tbh sometimes through most of the flight too - kept him quiet. It's got a lot harder now he's 3 and won't sit still grin

Nefret Tue 19-Jul-11 11:12:52

Feed your baby! the stewardesses will be strapped in their seats during take off and landing anyway so they wont see.

Quenelle Tue 19-Jul-11 11:21:58

You can board first if you have a child under 5 though - and no one wants to sit next to a baby anyway

Yes, that is the difference between EJ and Ryanair. Easyjet board families with young children after priority boarders.

Ryanair don't give a shit about you.

Highlander Wed 20-Jul-11 07:41:40

The baby will be attached to you with a lap belt. You can easily BF - did it a million times with both DSs. BFing is the same position as you would hold a baby of that age anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now