Talk

Advanced search

Child-friendly(ish) boutique hotels....please recommend me some!

(6 Posts)
dairymoo Sat 16-Jul-11 18:37:16

I am looking to book a week away at the end of August/beginning of Sept and would ideally like to find a boutique-esque/small hotel for the 5 of us (DH, me, 3yo DTs & 9mo DD). I'm not a huge fan of the big resort type places and am really just looking for somewhere within 4 hours flying, with a nice pool, decent food (DH and I are foodies and the kids eat anything), and possibly a bit of beach for the DTs to run around on. We've been to Bedruthan in Cornwall and really liked it, and although we don't desperately need a kid's club or any of the other kiddie amenities (play areas, etc), some kind of childcare would be a bonus (no creche needed though as 9mo is a mummy-limpet!). Ideally just somewhere somewhat chic yet friendly with pretty decent family or interconnecting rooms. Am I asking the impossible? Thanks in advance....smile

hifi Sat 16-Jul-11 19:01:30

www.esplendidohotel.com/ pool is small though,great food and you near to some other fabulous resorts on the west coast.

dairymoo Sat 16-Jul-11 19:38:49

Funny you should recommend Esplendido - that is EXACTLY what I am after, but sadly they don't have any suitable rooms available for the dates I am looking at. It looks perfect though, do you have any other suggestions?

hifi Sat 16-Jul-11 21:36:38

www.portixol.com/ only thing it hasnt got a beach.
www.ushuaiabeachhotel.com/hotel.php

hifi Sat 16-Jul-11 21:42:42

www.sonbrull.com/indexEng.html we went here years ago before kids,they didnt allow them then but may be worth checking.

hifi Sat 16-Jul-11 21:46:08

www.sani-resort.com/en_GB

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now