Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Parques da floresta, western algarve

(10 Posts)
Atomant Wed 13-Jul-11 06:05:08

Has anyone rented accommodation here? If so what's your thoughts?
Also did you book privately from the owner or via the PDF website (there's quite a variation in cost).
We've got a 2yr old looking for a week in the sun which offers a relaxing break with pool & close to beaches. Not to fussed about 'soaking up the culture' on this trip but would like to venture to some beaches.

TIA

BrigitBigKnickers Thu 14-Jul-11 10:05:03

I know some people who have a villa there and they love it. It's a lovely part of the Algarve with some beautiful beaches nearby (with great beach restaurants too!).

Couldn't tell you much about renting other than some villa owners in the Algarve are shooting themselves in the foot re pricing- many are not taking the credit crunch into account and their villas are staying empty in high season because they are too greedy.

We have a place in Luz (not far from PdF) so know this part of the Algarve well.

Beaches near Parques da Floresta to try - Zavial, Ingrina (my favourite) , Salema, Martinhaal.

The beach at Luz is lovely but packed like sardines in high season.

Meia Praia beach in Lagos is lovely too- very wide sweeping beach with lots of room even in high season.

HTH

Atomant Sun 17-Jul-11 14:47:40

that is helpful thanks. Yes you're right there are some places which are astronomical with no apparent bookings this season. Crazy.
We've just book what looks lke a nice town house, close to the pool end of August.

Thanks for the tips on beaches, we'll definitely check them out.

beanandspud Thu 21-Jul-11 14:09:43

We went there a few years ago and really enjoyed it. The resort is quite big but easy to get around and a good choice of different pools. We didn't really use the restaurants on-site as DS was a baby but lots of nice beaches and places to visit close by. The villa was of a very high standard.

We spent a lot of lunchtimes at the Atlantico restaurant in Salema and would recommend giving it a try!

Atomant Tue 26-Jul-11 23:48:12

Thanks! We're booked for end of Aug can't wait grin

nevergoogle Wed 27-Jul-11 00:09:43

your OP reads like your two year old is looking for a week in the sun.....etc etc.

made me laugh.
not helpful i know, but you'll have a great holiday.

Atomant Thu 28-Jul-11 21:00:03

Ha ha she probably is, she's taken to shouting "go away rain! Come out sun" so hopefully she won't object to a week in the sun
smile

nevergoogle Thu 28-Jul-11 23:01:15

i had visions of stewie the baby off family guy.

Atomant Mon 05-Sep-11 08:01:40

Thought I'd answer my own question now we're back.

Resort was really nice, well maintained, quite quiet & looks lovely.

We booked the accommodation privately ie not through the resort, it was great. 2 bed town house, built over 3 levels. Well furnished very clean & lots of space, roof terrace with BBQ as well as sun terrace at entrance level. Bit of noise transfer from neighbouring houses, but nothing notable.
Communal pools were very clean & a good size for surrounding villas.
On site Italian restaurant was good if a little overpriced.

Beaches close by were beautiful & quiet.
Supermarket & petrol station 2 mins away by car.
The resort is v hilly & the only thing we missed was not being able to go for a decent walk in the evening. It has tennis courts & football pitches, they run kids football classes mon-wed.

I would recommend this resort & would go back.

HTH

ivykaty44 Tue 06-Sep-11 13:13:43

There is a small house opposite behind the traffic lights (not the big ugly house) I stayed there a few times before the resort you stayed on was built and the road was made into a main road, it used to be a little track and the water would stop if a lorry ran over the waters mains!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now