Talk

Advanced search

siblu

(3 Posts)
myBOYSareBONKERS Mon 11-Jul-11 12:22:24

We are thinking of going abroad for the first time next year with our children - who will be aged 8 and 5 years.

I don't want to venture to far (am very nervous about this!!) and would ideally like to take the car so I was thinking of going to France.

Has any-one got any experience of siblu holidays or other child centred holidays. Up to now we have always gone to Haven as we love the swimming pools and the kids clubs. Also like having evening entertainment.

Could anyone recommend a particular holiday park?

Many thanks

Portofino Mon 11-Jul-11 17:22:44

We've done Canvas - Union Lido and Park Albatros and Siblu - Lac des Reves and are currently AT La Carabasse. All were lovely holidays, high standard of facilities and great Kids clubs. I think this one is my favourite though mainly because there is so much to do within walking distance - the town, the beach, the funfair, minigolf etc. I think it is better for older kids than babies though - all of the others were fine for littlies. My dd is 7 and is currently crashed out asleep after a hard day in the pool/on the water slides. I need to wake her up for dinner....grin

The evening entertainment at Siblu tends to be a bit cheesey as it is mainly run by the team that do the kids club. The other places tended more to get bands etc in from outside.

As I have just written on another thread - always go for the best/biggest mobile you can afford and get decking and aircon if you are heading south. You NEED it. I have full wifi access and a washing machine this year. I am very impressed.

dreamingofsun Mon 11-Jul-11 18:10:42

depends what you like doing on your pitch. we always take a badminton net so i hate decking as it gets in the way, though does reduce mud if it rains i guess. brittany is great - like cornwall and pembrokeshire with better weather and less people/tat than cornwall

not done siblu, - but canvas, keycamp eurocamp all pretty similar in our experience. look on ukcampsites for reviews

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now