Talk

Advanced search

European Breakdown Cover

(5 Posts)
CestTout Fri 08-Jul-11 20:34:04

Please could I have any recommendations for european breakdown cover, just need for tomorrow and Sunday (overnight trip?)

Thanks

Ponders Fri 08-Jul-11 20:42:17

in your own car?

I've experienced Mondial - they were OK at organising a breakdown truck, & talking to a local garage when I couldn't cope with the language, BUT

if we had had a major breakdown (which was on the cards at one point), & needed to be repatriated leaving the car behind, it would have meant

tiny car A, with whatever we could fit in it, to the channel port
leave the car there
lug the baggage we had brought by hand on to a ferry (we were booked on Eurotunnel but you can't do that on foot)
pick up another tiny car this side to drive home
then eventually return to place where broken-down car had been left to drive it home
& any baggage left in our car would not have been covered by the insurance if nicked in the meantime

I don't think this is exclusive to Mondial btw, from what I've read none of them would let you hire a car in Europe in the case of breakdown & drive it all the way home

So not very helpful really, sorry smile but you are probably best just getting the cheapest you can for such a short trip - I doubt if T&Cs are much different

orienteerer Sat 09-Jul-11 20:35:46

Here as recommended by moneysavingexpert.com

sunnyday123 Wed 13-Jul-11 14:24:44

just got mine today with greenflag £36 for 2 weeks.

CestTout Sat 16-Jul-11 21:44:41

Thanks everyone. Going again soon so have gone for an annual policy. Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now