Talk

Advanced search

September one week's holiday with 2yr old - recommendations!

(8 Posts)
Hoopsadazy Thu 07-Jul-11 07:44:58

I have one precious week off work towards the end of Sept for DH and DS (2) and have never really done the package to Europe thing so am lost.

No idea where to go, what to look for.

Do not want to do long car travel so plane or train.

Geordieminx Thu 07-Jul-11 09:26:01

Tenerife would be nice at that time of year, we are just back from Anthelia Hotel which was fab. All Inc, lovely location, 10 minutes walk fab beach with some nice bars and restaurants. Child care etc.

Totally stress free

Nefret Thu 07-Jul-11 12:24:55

Turkey is lovely at that time of year and it is very child friendly there.

Hoopsadazy Thu 07-Jul-11 15:19:16

Any other suggestions I can put in the mix for my big internet search tonight?

Geordieminx Thu 07-Jul-11 15:34:02

There are parts of Ibiza that are lovely, es cana cala longa, Ibiza town, it's a great eel island for driving round and has a short flight time. Majorca is also nice.

South of France? Fly into Nice stay in Ville Franche, can easily explore Monaco etc on train

If budget allows a cruise would be ideal? We did one last sept when ds was 3, it wad our best holiday ever.

Barcelona gives beach combined with a city break and again less than 2 hours flight

Hoopsadazy Thu 07-Jul-11 15:50:26

yes, flight time does worry me a little bit as DS is ball of energy. I did consider Nice as can get there with Eurostar connect ticket. Wasn't sure if it was a bit too 'town' though and not enough 'get away from it all' IYSWIM.

Geordieminx Thu 07-Jul-11 15:55:06

Ah it's beautiful. Stay in villa franche which is 5 mins on the train, it looks like balamory with sun shine. Train to Nice one day, train the other way to Monacco / Cannes. Plenty of parks, paddling in sea and ice cream to keep ds happy, you'll have a ball!

Can I come?

Runoutofideas Thu 07-Jul-11 17:37:23

We had a lovely holiday in Menorca when dd1 was 2. Look for villas in Cala'n Bosch. Lovely area. Also been to iberostar Puerto Calero in Lanzarote with dd1 as a little one. It was all inclusive so very easy to find things she'd eat etc and was a nice, quality hotel on a marina.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now