Talk

Advanced search

Should I take a buggie or make her walk

(4 Posts)
michiet Tue 05-Jul-11 07:40:52

i have an active healthy five year old with tonns of energy, but on previous holidays have taken a buggie on holiday for nights out as there is usually a lot of walking and she can't keep up. Plus sometimes because of a lot of swimming in the day she is shattered. Was considering taking a buggie for this reason. Does anyone else do this or should I make her walk?

Nefret Tue 05-Jul-11 10:49:34

My youngest is 4 and we didn't take the buggy last year but I wished we did as she got tired and my husband had to carry her leaving me loaded like a donkey with all the beach bags! So this year I am going to take one. Even if she doesn't use it much at least I can put the bags in there.

I always used to laugh at people with older children in buggies but now I can see exactly why they do it.

So take it with you, it will make life easier for everyone.

Lizcat Wed 06-Jul-11 10:57:21

I think it depends on how much walking she is used to at home. I haven't taken one since DD was three, but then I am a horrible Mummy who made her child walk a lot. I do use bribes - it is possible to climb all the way to the Sacre Couer in Paris aged 3.5 years if there is a chocolate ice cream at the top.

Blu Wed 06-Jul-11 16:22:51

IME a buggy becomes worth it's weight in the evening, if you want to go out for a stroll and dinner - DS always slept in the buggy while we ate and had a few drinks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now