Talk

Advanced search

lovely holiday needed with teens for 3/4 weeks

(8 Posts)
triplets Sat 02-Jul-11 06:40:48

Hi all, my dh has just got an amazing all clear scan for cancer. So the first summer in 3 years we can go away! Kids want to go back to Florida, but too expensive and busy. I am thinking of Europe oe staying in UK,looking for something really nice and different. We have the whole of the holidays, any ideas please?

puffling Sat 02-Jul-11 22:42:15

Would the teens like a villa in Ibiza?

triplets Sat 02-Jul-11 22:44:53

Prob not, we have has hols in the past in Majorca but a beach isn`t enough for them now.

inthesticks Sun 03-Jul-11 19:37:07

How about Cyprus? Fabulous water park which my teens loved, ancient ruins if you like sightseeing and lively nightlife for all ages.

triplets Mon 04-Jul-11 22:11:57

Hi spent a frustrating 2 hours in the travel agents this morning trying to get flights to Florida or West Coast America, nightmare, they wanted £5000 for indirect!! Also phoned several cruise agants up today but all child allocations are full Aug! So still hunting for ideas, just don`t want a two week package and lie on the beach, something special but within our budget!

fivegomadindorset Mon 04-Jul-11 22:15:44

Did you check the other thread you started.

I know you have posted about this before, what do you all as a family want/need then hopefully someone can help.

triplets Mon 04-Jul-11 23:21:47

Hi, yes nothing on there as yet.I am not a sit by the pool person I love exploring.Kids love beaches and theme parks. Husband likes walking and nature! Just want something bit diff, either in uk or Europe.

mebaasmum Tue 05-Jul-11 11:37:13

What about alps, white water rafting,mountain biking, high ropes courses, lakes to swim in, pools with flumes, tennis, golf etc. Not as busy or costly as beach resorts. another good trip we did was to a place called Kas in Turkey. you could go sea kayaking, mountain biking, diving, canyoning, boat trip to beach. Companies like exodus and explore go their but we went independantly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now