Talk

Advanced search

Can I bring my quinny buzz free of charge on a Ryanair Fligh?

(9 Posts)
CAPA Wed 29-Jun-11 10:10:07

I am going to Faro next week with my 6 month old and just wondered if anyone has taken their quinny buzz to the gates and put into the hold ok without Ryanair charging for it? I wont be taking the maxi cosi it will be the main pram and it does fold down. When i called the help desk at Ryanair they were very vague about what i could bring they said as long as it folds up and it under 20kg I could bring it but just wanted to chaeck as we know what Ryanair is like when it comes to adding on charges.

PippiLongBottom Wed 29-Jun-11 10:16:04

Does it fold in one piece? If yes you can. I have taken strollers, and my bee to the gates. I have put my cam in the hold as it folded in two pieces.

CAPA Wed 29-Jun-11 10:17:42

Hi Thanks Yeah it folds down into one piece. So hopefully it should be ok bit worried about the weight though!?

PippiLongBottom Wed 29-Jun-11 10:30:05

I have just googled it and it was 12kg so you should be fine. We travel with Ryanair about 3 times a year and the guys that throw take it up the steps for you don't seem remotely arsed about its dimensions.

CAPA Wed 29-Jun-11 10:40:36

Ok thats great thank you..:-)

PippiLongBottom Wed 29-Jun-11 10:42:00

No probs. Enjoy your holiday. We're going with the cowboys Ryanair in July. My parents live in France.

naidao Fri 15-Jul-11 21:42:02

so does this mean we still have to pay for the car seat seperately? the advice on the website is also a little vague. we are planning to borrow a friends frame for the maxi cozy to try and get round the £40 extra charge for taking a car seat by making it part of the push chair that you are allowed to take for free, am i kidding myself that i am smarter than ryanair!!

Moodswings Fri 15-Jul-11 22:21:49

Did anyone else think that quinny buzz may have been a lady toy? Not being au fait with perambulators, I jumped to this conclusion. Imagine my disappointment!

DuelingFanjo Fri 15-Jul-11 22:29:44

naidao, I think you would have to pay for the carseat as it's not attached to the pram.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now