Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

where to go?

(5 Posts)
chillistars Sun 26-Jun-11 21:55:52

We're in a position to take an overseas holiday next year for the first time in 12 years, a relative has a milestone birthday and has invited us on an expenses paid trip to celebrate.

We are in the enviable position of being able to choose where we go as they have travelled a lot and we have hardly been anywhere abroad at all; we've been to France once for a day trip apart from childhood holidays.

Anyway, it needs to be:

short haul, somewhere where we can do stuff other than sit on a beach, not require car hire, not be too hot, have stuff for a young teenager and also for an eight year old plus something for an elderly but fit and healthy relative who has also been invited.

Any ideas/suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

MarmadukeMarmalade Thu 14-Jul-11 14:01:47

bump - would be interested to see suggestions

mummytime Thu 14-Jul-11 14:22:26

What time of year? If Spring or Autumn I'd consider Paris. Or maybe Amsterdam? A city is your best bet if you won't have a car. Maybe Italy?

Thefoxsbrush Thu 14-Jul-11 20:21:06

I vote for Barcelona. Lots to keep a teenager entertained - nou camp, zoo, shopping, cable carts, fountain show at night, street theatre on las ramblas.... There are lots of nice restaurants and bars and there is a lovely Marina and some beaches if you do need a break from the city's hustle and bustle

Thefoxsbrush Thu 14-Jul-11 20:22:24

My grandparents have just came back from Barcelona and loved the architecture, street cafes and art.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now