Talk

Advanced search

HELP! How to find a holiday that suits the whole family?

(4 Posts)
WisteriaWoman Fri 24-Jun-11 21:53:25

I'm stuck! I have to book two holidays for the summer one in the Uk and one in Europe and I'm totally overwhelmed by the choice and by trying to please everyone's requests.

Re: UK holiday - I thought Hadrians Wall but it may be too remote and "dull" for DD (aged 7) and I'll have to drive lots to find child friendly things.

Re: abroad - DH wants hot (I hate the heat) and good walking. DD wants beach and other kids. I want peace and quiet and a sun lounger.

Ideally I don't want to do much driving (and preferably none while abroad). DH doesn't drive for med. reasons.

Anyone any suggestions????
TIA XX

rookiemater Sat 25-Jun-11 18:40:57

Well next year I'd maybe start looking a bit earlier!

Not sure where you are but we love the lake District. If you stay near Bowness there is a steamer, lots of little shops and ice cream stalls, bicycle hire, excellent walking which can be reached by public transport, in fact all of the lake district has good public transport connections once you get there. We stay at www.slholidays.co.uk Fallbarrow is within walking distance of Bowness, so you have at least 3 day trips which don't involve a car.

Not sure how to sort out all of your summer requirements as we have never looked at walking when we are abroad. I'd suggest James Villas and look for Leisure Resorts as they generally have kids clubs - something we look for as DS is an only and craves company.

EssentialFattyAcid Sat 25-Jun-11 18:44:18

Resort based hot beach holiday abroad and then a week here in good walking country eg the lake district

Ragwort Sat 25-Jun-11 18:47:08

For the abroad holiday try one of the Greek Islands - lots of them have good walking trails - choose a resort near a beach, with a kids club etc and you can lounge by the pool (in the shade).

Corwnall/Dorset/Devon would all be good for the UK holiday - good walking but lots to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now