Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for stopover on way to and from Deux Domaines at Belle Plagne with Esprit?(

(9 Posts)
goingbacktowork Tue 21-Jun-11 21:51:18

We are thinking of going to Belle Plagne next month. It is 600 miles from Calais and was wondering if someone can suggest a good hotel to stop over on way just for a night with young children - or even somewhere to stay for a few days on the way down/back. The brochure suggests Beaune or Dijon in Burgundy www.espritfamilyadventures.com/SelfDrive.aspx but open to any suggestions. Many thanks

tulpe Thu 30-Jun-11 19:45:20

going - can't recommend any hotels but just wanted to say that the Deux Domaines is a good choice smile We have stayed there twice when skiing and have always had a positive experience.

Kiwinyc Sat 02-Jul-11 21:21:33

Oh, we will be there (Esprit Belle Plagne) next month, in the second week of Aug.

Anyway, we are taking a leisurely two days to get there and back. On the way there we are stopping here www.le-val-moret.com which is just off the motorway south of Reims. (Recommended by somebody else on here btw but it has good Tripadvisor reviews) From there you can get to Belle Plagne the next day, but we're going to Annecy (I've always wanted to visit there) and spending a night and then its only an hour from there to go the next day.

On the way home, we're stopping in Dijon, and then in Lens. Was going to try to stay in Lille but we didn't want too much effort trying to find a hotel in the middle of a busy city, we've opted to stay a short distance off the motorway instead.

I've also signed us up for one of these https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/liber-t to make the tolls easier to deal with, and not have to worry about finding euro's and getting stuck in a queue at the toll booths.

See you there, maybe...!

goingbacktowork Wed 06-Jul-11 22:10:08

Do you mind telling me which hotels tou have booked at each place? Finding it very difficult to book anything and we are off in a couple of weeks.

goingbacktowork Thu 07-Jul-11 05:05:53

also how have you worked out your route - I am finding different routes on every interactive map and getting a bit confused!

Marlinspike Thu 07-Jul-11 06:44:49

When we've driven down to the alps we've stayed at Beauen, Chalon su Saone and macon (not all on the sale trip you understand!) We have stayed in a variety of cheapish hotels (they have loads in France!). The All Seasons chain is good, as is Novotel (excellent breakfasts in these). All are bookable on line.

goingbacktowork Fri 08-Jul-11 20:20:44

do you know the actual hotels? I don't seem to be able to find any all seasons on the way down to the alps. If you could tell me the areas you actually stayed in that would be helpful as I coud then try to locate the hotels. Thanks

Marlinspike Sat 09-Jul-11 13:41:03

I thhink there's one at Troyes, Beaune and Macon - Troyes is the furthest North (we've done this one when we've driven from yorkshire to the channel tunnel in 1 day), and Macon is the furthest south (when we've got an early tunnel crossing and driven most of the way down through France)

Distance Macon - alpine resorts = 90 miles
Distance Calais - Macon = 400 miles

All hotels are on here

goingbacktowork Tue 02-Aug-11 19:51:21

Kiwinyc have just pmd you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now