Talk

Advanced search

Lake Garda

(6 Posts)
pinkie00 Sun 19-Jun-11 21:25:10

Hi all. With end of term fast approaching we have decided to take the kids to Lake Garda (DS 11 and DD2 8, DD1 says she is 'too old' to come with us at 16). I've heard good things about it but has anyone personally been there or know people who have? Thanks

PotteringAlong Sun 19-Jun-11 21:27:54

It's lovely! Where about's are you staying on the lake? There's a ferry you can get all the way around and close enough to Venice and Verona to go for day trips if you want

BlackandGold Sun 19-Jun-11 23:09:54

Spent 4 days there last year. Stayed in Limone.

One good trip was the ferry across to Malcesine then take the cable car up to Monte Baldo. It was just like Heidi, with the cows having those beautiful cow bells around their necks and tinkling as they moved.

BillyJoel Sun 19-Jun-11 23:20:23

My mate just got back from Bella Italia and had a fab time messing around onthe lake and in the camp. Spent alternate days on the lake and out going to Venice / Verona / other towns.

Am hoping to go myself in October but am worried the weather is going to be wet and the outsdoor stuff won't be possible. Quite fancy the mountains and lakeside towns, and the cities - but not happy to shortchange the kids on the fun stuff ( kids are 12,10 & 5). Still pondering it myself.

virginiasmonalogue Sun 19-Jun-11 23:28:25

I have been about 5 times in the last 15 years. First time was at the age if 19. It was great for the sun, shopping, bars , food etc. I think she'd love it!

Ruffello Mon 04-Jul-11 13:00:27

Lake Garda's an excellent choice for all ages! Crystal Lakes & Mountains do all inclusive packages to various resorts around the lake. We stayed at the Hotel Castell in Limone last year and had a great time. The rooms are a bit basic, but all have balconies with the most spectacular views of the lake and surrounding area. [www.crystalsummer.co.uk]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now