Talk

Advanced search

Greek islands - any suggestions

(9 Posts)
princessfifi9 Sun 19-Jun-11 09:16:09

Hi.
I am looking for inspiration and hope MN can help.

I have just come back from Pefkos in Rhodes and loved it. It was ideal for DP and DD who is 5. We had a 2 bedroom apartment with sea views and a 2 min walk to a lovely beach. Rhodes has a great mix of nice beaches, waterpark and history as we went to Rhodes town and Lindos.

I am looking for similar for next year but would like to try a different Greek Island and don't know where to start. Any recommendations on resort and apartment complex?
Thanks for your help.

mel38 Sun 19-Jun-11 20:11:40

I have a friend that has just come back from sani resort in halkidiki and loved it ,it looks beautiful ...........i would like to go to rhodes where did you stay as a 2 bed apartment would suit us perfectly especially if it walking distance to things ........

Melx

ThePathanKhansWoman Sun 19-Jun-11 20:22:56

Santorini, i lived there for a few years. Whole Island is so beautiful, absolute jewel.

Nefret Mon 20-Jun-11 18:11:11

We went to Mastihari on Kos last year and that was lovely.

hugeleyoutnumbered Mon 20-Jun-11 18:18:59

corfu, arillas is beautiful and quiet fantastic beach, its a hidden jem on the n orth coast of the island we stay at the kalludos app, the owner was a wonderful man called billy def recommend it

darleneoconnor Mon 20-Jun-11 18:25:05

Not Zante, it is horrible. Tacky and full of drunk brawling teenagers.

I've heard the one where they filmed Captain Corelli is nice.

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Mon 20-Jun-11 18:48:49

Paros is beautiful . The best island I have been to .

princessfifi9 Mon 20-Jun-11 19:30:15

Hi. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Mel38 - we stayed at the Lindia Thalassa in Pefkos. It was lovely and I would recommend it. The pool is nice and the beach is down a few steps. Check it out on Trip Advisor, good reviews.

I haven't heard of Paros so will have a look.
Will check out the other options suggested too.

x

willow Tue 21-Jun-11 12:02:48

Parts of Zante are beautiful - Vassilikos for instance is very unspoilt, if a little too quiet for some people. Try Periyali Villas through Simpson Travel. That said, much as I love Greece, I'm holding out to see what happens with their economy as it could be in freefall by the holidays. Having experienced the great Cucumber War in Crete in 1990 (when we had to travel across the mountains, under the cover of darkness to get past the cucumber growers' barricades) I have to say the Greeks know how to show their discontent when their government mucks up! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now