Talk

Advanced search

buying paris metro tickets for children - please help!

(5 Posts)
janek Sat 11-Jun-11 09:30:58

hello

i have tried on 2 or possibly 3 occasions since dd1 turned 4 to buy a child's metro ticket for her on our way through paris.

for the adults i usually go to a machine and buy a carnet de 10 tickets because i know i'll use them on the way home/next time. i would like to do the same for the children, but i don't seem to be able to find separate children's tickets on the machine.

admittedly i am usually is a bit of a stress and hurry because we are invariably trying to make a connecting train, but each time i have ended up using adult tickets for the children.

so, please tell me, do separate children's tickets exist? and if so how do i buy them? (btw i've never asked at a kiosk because the queue is always massive at gare du nord.).

tia jane

Mutt Sat 11-Jun-11 09:34:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

janek Sat 11-Jun-11 09:38:34

ah, that does seem to back up my theory that i the machines don't sell childrens tickets. perhaps i should queue once and just invest in 50 or so of the things... thanks grin.

Mutt Sat 11-Jun-11 09:44:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

janek Sat 11-Jun-11 21:48:43

good idea. i got a bit confused with the whole 'shorthaul' thing, in fact i meant general travel and tips, but hey ho, i was in a hurry...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: