Talk

Advanced search

Small, good apartment complex on a Greek island

(15 Posts)
Taffeta Mon 06-Jun-11 15:40:47

Not sure where to look. Have tried Simpsons Travel ( a bit too exclusive and expensive ), Meon Villas ( on their own villas ) and Sunvil ( a bit too big or no pool ).

Can anyone recommend a company/website we could try please? Its for next May half term, I know its early but its Diamond Jubilee hols and half term so want to book as early as poss.

We are after a 2 bedroom apartment, preferably on a small complex with a pool ( say 10 other apartments? ) so the DC have other children to play with. Close ish to beach, direct flight from UK, I was thinking the nicer parts of Corfu or Crete or maybe Kefalonia/Samos/Skiathos.

Anyone got any suggestions please?

allnewtaketwo Mon 06-Jun-11 15:50:42

Prekas Studios in Skiathos is nice, but I don't know if they have any 2 bed apartments. Small complex, great pool and restaurant. V family friendly

Taffeta Mon 06-Jun-11 16:52:21

Thanks allnew, have checked but they don't have 2 bed apts.

Taffeta Mon 06-Jun-11 20:16:36

bumping for any suggestions

Taffeta Mon 06-Jun-11 22:05:20

bump?

helenabeth Tue 07-Jun-11 06:48:47

Simply Travel - Lefkas, Mousses at Agios IOannis. 10 villas, lovely pool, beautiful grounds. Been 3 times and happy to tell more....

Taffeta Tue 07-Jun-11 08:06:32

oooo thanks Helena, will have a look later. Whats the transfer like?

helenabeth Tue 07-Jun-11 11:55:52

Car hire included in holiday price; you pick it up at the airport and it's about 30-40 min drive. We said we'd never go to the same place twice... then we siad this yr (our third visit) would be our last... now we're wondering if we can afford to go again!

cordyblue Tue 07-Jun-11 19:52:38

Ahhh, I checked this as we had a lovely fortnight in Mousses when DD1 was a toddler, and I wanted something similar but not the same resort! (But yes, it was lovely...!)

Taffeta Tue 07-Jun-11 21:30:14

It looks perfect! Thank you! I'm trying to get an idea of price, but they are not responding. Bookings not open yet for next year so will just have to be patient I guess.

tulpe Tue 07-Jun-11 22:24:33

Green Park Apartments in Skiathos is nice. It is as nice as Mousses but apartments rather than villas. It is a 20 minute transfer from the airport and a 5 minute walk to the beach - which is a blue flag beach and knocks the socks off any beaches we found in Lefkas smile

If you book direct with the family it is much cheaper than a tour operator. Monarch and Thomson fly to Skiathos.

Icoulddoitbetter Tue 07-Jun-11 22:28:52

We went with Ionian and Agean Holidays just before DS was born. We stayed in a beautiful B&B in Assos in Kefalonia, but they did have villa complexes with pools.

helenabeth Wed 08-Jun-11 06:22:22

Re; Mousses - booking will open in December I think. FWIW we paid around 1800 for the five of us for 2 weeks in May.

allnewtaketwo Wed 08-Jun-11 09:06:42

I went to the restaurant at Green Park apartments in Skiathos and it was lovely. All the beaches in Skiathos are great, and easily travelled to by bus. Would really recommend it

EssexBecca Mon 20-Jun-11 12:41:34

Villa Afroditi on Lemnos has really nice apartments, lots of different sizes. We booked direct with owners & found it much cheaper that way. Charter flights from the UK with Thomson. It's a quiet area, 3 tavernas in walking distance, 200m from beach, nice pool.
Personally though, I might be tempted to go further south - Crete or Cyprus for more chance of weather?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now