Talk

Advanced search

son bou, menorca

(8 Posts)
angelfire Sun 05-Jun-11 13:00:00

I am looking for a beach holiday with the usual needs: wide, clean sandy beach close to accomodation, clean quiet hotel etc.
We went to PP, Majorca last year and loved it.
So looking for something similar and someone told me that the beaches are better in menorca.
I have narrowed down the resort to son bou and the hotel sol milanos pinguinos.
Before I get my credit card out can anyone recommend this resort as the best one and is the all inclusive good value for money?

TIA

muttimalzwei Sun 05-Jun-11 21:21:23

Have a look on trip advisor and see what they make of it

muttimalzwei Sun 05-Jun-11 21:23:28

Reviews

diabolo Tue 07-Jun-11 17:58:03

OK - the beach at Son Bou is basically what I live for!

I don't know this specific hotel, as we stay in a villa a few miles away, but the beach is fantastic - 4 km long, white sand, azure water.

The "resort" end of the beach can get quite busy, and there are pedalo's, banana boats, sun loungers, cafe's, loos etc. The resort itself has plently to do and is very attractive. Most AI deals are better value for money but there are plenty of restaurants if you choose not to.

A 5 or 10 minute walk up the beach towards Sant Tomas will get you acres of space to spread out, is much quieter and is much more my "thing". (It's also naturist, but not exclusively so), so my DH gets his kit off, I go topless and DS just groans with embarrassment at us.

6 weeks, 3 days and counting ........

diabolo Sun 12-Jun-11 18:09:22

bumped for Morning Coffee

Bettyblackeye Mon 13-Jun-11 14:33:44

Hi we went there years ago when I was a teenager and I remember it being lovely. Very clean and spacious, right on the beach front and loving it. Have just our flights to menorca, now looking for a resort so might try son bou smile

MorningCoffee Fri 17-Jun-11 17:25:27

Thank you Diabolo, still deciding what to do, need to start a thread about booking as don't know where to start, where do people get there flights (best place) and do u book direct with the resorts? I have heard this is cheaper?

diabolo Sun 19-Jun-11 06:47:49

I book the villa through Owners Direct and trawl through flight websites (Expedia) or direct through EasyJet or even Thomson or Thomas Cook, I then book what is either cheapest or most convenient flight. This saves £thousands compared with using someone like James Villas. I use a company called Poppy Cars Menorca for my car hire.

I know you can book apartments and hotel rooms direct and save a fortune, but I've never done that, apart from through Owners Direct.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now