Talk

Advanced search

Rome hotel recommendations

(6 Posts)
GirlWithTheMouseyHair Fri 03-Jun-11 21:15:03

thanks to collecting airmiles from business travel and my brilliant parents offering to have DS, DH is taing his 7 months pregnant wife to Rome for 5 days in September.

Budget is really less that £100/night (eeek, max) any recommendations? We'll try to see some sights but due to me being in the final trimester it's not a major priority but would like to be in walkable distance of some, but rather be close to nice places for breakfast and dinner and (virgin) cocktails...

BananaGio Sat 04-Jun-11 21:00:44

Hi I live in Rome and for your budget I would advise you to look at B&Bs. They are much better value for money than hotels and there are some lovely ones to choose from. Have a look www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com/here. Trastevere is a lovely area if your main priority is getting somewhere with nice places to eat and drink nearby. It's picturesque, lively and its lovely to walk around in the evening for a stroll. You can walk over the bridge and be in Campo dei Fiori in the centre in 10 minutes and everything sight wise is walkable to from there. Or you can hop on the tram for a few stops either into the centre or towards the Colosseum. Have a lovely trip!

BananaGio Sat 04-Jun-11 21:01:25

crap at links! here

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Sun 12-Jun-11 20:38:16

thanks so much - are there other areas you'd recommend? SPD has kicked in and we've decided we do want to see some of the major sites but my mobility might be an issue by then

scottishmummy Sun 12-Jun-11 20:40:32

we stay at
http://www.hotelcapodafrica.com/en/rooms.html hotel capo d'africa

scottishmummy Sun 12-Jun-11 20:41:18

hotel capo d'africa
its really nice, smashing staff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now