Talk

Advanced search

We went to Disneyland.

(5 Posts)
HystericalMe Thu 02-Jun-11 13:44:26

Hey! When I was booking my holiday to Disneyland I came here for information, so I just thought I'd note down how our holiday was in case it may be of any value to someone. smile

I went with my son and booked a hotel for 2 nights to go to Disneyland for 2 days and get on the Eurostar home on the second evening. Two days at Eurodisney was plenty for me.

I think if I were to do it again, I'd just book the hotel for the third night and let all the stress of meeting the Eurostar on time be left for the next morning since I ended up rushing onto a taxi and spending extra money anyway! Also I'd probably book the Kyriad hotel at Torcy which was more expensive that than the one I stayed at but would have saved me a lot of extra time finding buses and walking.

My son is 3 and the queues were difficult for him. We waited from 15 mins (even when it said 5) up to 60 mins for rides. I gave up on any hopes of him eating healthily and chose queues for the time to let him eat, stashing snacks, bottles of water and goodies in my handbag! Also we got very cold in the queues and needed our zip up coats that were easy to slip on and off.

There are all the great rides that I remember from my childhood, the obvious ones like It's a Small World, Tea Cups, Le Petit Train du Cirque... and I went on the Pirates of the Carribean boat ride with my son which was a bit dark and scary but lots of fun (he loves pirates).

We went to the Walt Disney Studios and I had no idea what to do there not having been before, but if I were to go again I'd probably rush straight to the Crush Coaster, Cars, Magic Carpets, Slinky Dog, and the Toy soldiers parachute drop... The Playhouse Disney live on stage was ok - my son seemed to enjoy getting up and dancing and clapping, plus they had bubbles and gold streamers dropping onto the audience at one point, it was a rest for me!

Finally, forget about having a cup of tea whilst at Disneyland because I waited in the queues for ages and it really wasn't worth it! Bottles of water were much more appreciated. smile

Pinner35 Sun 05-Jun-11 18:26:11

Hey, this is a great help.....we are considering going next April with our DD's before DD1 starts school, and I'm just looking on her for help and advice. I truly do not know where to start!

rookiemater Sun 05-Jun-11 22:11:54

Thanks for posting OP, I'm thinking of Eurodisney at somestage but its all so confusing.
If you stay at the Kyriad how do you get to Eurodisney and how long does it take?

HystericalMe Mon 06-Jun-11 00:59:15

I'd stay at the one in Torcy and then I think it took about 15 mins by train to the (Marne le Valley Chessy?) train station and remember just entering EuroDisney and getting anywhere near a ride takes about 20 mins - 30 mins.

MrsSchadenfreude Mon 06-Jun-11 21:54:49

We are staying at Disney - but not in a Disney hotel - have booked one at Val d'Europe (opposite the huge outlet mall grin) so that we have the option of jumping on the RER to get back to the hotel rather than joining the crush on the Disney bus. And also to get some decent food rather than rely on Disney junk. I thought we would do Disney in the morning, come back to the hotel in the afternoon, have a swim and a shop, and go back in the evening if we felt like it.

We have season tickets for Disney and this is me being grimly determined to get our money's worth from them. Hotel was about 240 pounds for 3 nights, for an apartment for four of us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now