Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations please - Croatia

(7 Posts)
Ruffello Wed 01-Jun-11 14:57:07

I'm thinking about a self-catering holiday with 2 teenagers to Croatia. Can anyone recommend good places to stay? Dubrovnik sounds like a good base. Thanks!

Ruffello Tue 14-Jun-11 15:02:57

Anyone?... please....

LordSucre Tue 14-Jun-11 15:05:59

not been but did look into it. There are some lovely places but what put me off was the fact that you had to wear shoes in the sea as very jagged rockiness underfoot . So that was that as far as i was concerned, which is a shame.

smithster Wed 15-Jun-11 21:57:14

makarska - fly into Split - you can do a day trip to Dubrovnik. Lovely resort, plenty to do. We went with Thomas Cook in 2008 and stayed in Hotel Dalmacija which was great. Don't know if they still do it though.

Ruffello Thu 16-Jun-11 12:55:07

Thanks, smithster. Makarska looks great!

zlaya Sat 18-Jun-11 14:32:51

Makarska, Brela, Baska voda, Tucepi, Podgora, you will be spoilt for choice, we have holiday home in Brela, best place in Europe, lovely, safe place for children and adults, swimming in the sea is must, unlike any holiday you have ever had, probably, the best. Agatha Christy described Croatia "paradise on earth most clear, blue water I have ever seen" For past ten years we only holidayed in Croatia and I would not have it any other way, truly outstanding.

puffling Tue 21-Jun-11 23:32:01

We stayed on an island 'Lopud' off the coast of Dubrovnik. There are several islands around so the boat between them and Dubrovnik is like a bus service. It was lovely to have day trips to Dubrovnik then get the boat back in the sunset to out lovely quiet island. We got accomodation thru' owners direct. We also spent a week in Kotor in Montenegro. That was fantastic too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now