Talk

Advanced search

cheap ways to see Barcelona

(5 Posts)
girlscout Tue 31-May-11 16:52:32

Thats it really, me,h,and too older teenagers. Does anyone no of any contacts for travel (apart from easyjet) and accomodation.?

COCKadoodledooo Tue 31-May-11 23:06:03

Went for a weekend trip - flew Ryanair and stayed at the Hesperia Metropol in the Gothic quarter (close to Las Ramblas and the waterfront). £90 all in (2 nights). It was December though!

Flights were Bournemouth to Girona (decent regular coach service into town).

girlscout Wed 01-Jun-11 08:57:48

Thanks cock (can I call you that , cause i can me old sparra!)
We're coming from robin hood airport in Donny so no cheap flights, but ill check out the hotel. Cheers.X

TrillianAstra Wed 01-Jun-11 09:03:28

Do not fly Ryanair - total false economy - takes hours and hours out of your trip and doesn't save that much money once you've paid for the coach. (plus there is the fear that the coach will be full and you will miss your flight back) Fly to the actual Barcelona airport and you are practically on the metro already.

Do get a 10-trip ticket for the metro, it's very easy to use, fast & reliable.

Portofino Wed 01-Jun-11 09:57:33

I have stayed here in the Hosteria Grau twice. It is just off the Ramblas, in the centre of everything. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby. It gets quite good Tripadvisor reviews too. We flew Easyjet and got the metro from the airport.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: