Talk

Advanced search

Pollenca - does anywhere else exist like this for a fantastic holiday?

(12 Posts)
adifferentwoman Sun 29-May-11 07:49:57

Just got back from a wonderful week in Pollenca. Loved the combination of atmopsheric old town Pollenca, wonderful kid friendly restaurants, the beach at PP and places like Cala San Vincenc. We only have one child so going somewhere where there was a chance of her meeting new friends was important and it fitted the bill perfectly. So, am now looking forward to booking the next trip......does anywhere else exist that offers a similar type of holiday????

adifferentwoman Fri 03-Jun-11 10:25:05

bump...anyone?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

balia Fri 03-Jun-11 10:28:15

Try one of the otehr islands? Menorca is lovely, too, and IMO the beaches are better.

adifferentwoman Fri 03-Jun-11 10:30:31

Absolutely lovely. Was just perfect for the type of holiday we like, but I also like the idea of going somewhere new. Calan Bosch in Menorca always seems popular on Mumsnet. I like the look of Padre Aviles near Malaga but am not so keen on that area of Spain. Oh well, not the worst dilemma to have eh?!?

MackerelOfFact Fri 03-Jun-11 10:43:13

Just go back. I used to go all the time when I was still of the age to go on holiday with my parents. Used to stay in a charming villa on the side of Puig Maria, overlooking the old town. Beautiful, fantastic memories.

cardy Sun 12-Jun-11 23:13:41

I wish I knew the answer to this. Just got back today after our 5th visit. Have stayed in PP and P....love both. Went to Sicily and Portugal last year enjoyed both but feel like Pollensa is 'home' . Looking to go away again in August so will keep my eye on this thread. Been to menorca but wouldn't dash back.

adifferentwoman Mon 20-Jun-11 19:28:32

Why not Cardy? Everyone seems to rave about Menorca as well. Which bit did you visit?

flapjack77 Wed 29-Jun-11 21:35:46

Where did you stay adifferentwoman? We're looking for somewhere on Majorca.

ts71 Tue 05-Jul-11 20:55:07

Hi adifferentwoman and the mildmanneredjanitor where do you guys stay in Pollenca and Puorto Pollenca?

Want to take my 16month old in September

Thanks

nicole333 Tue 05-Jul-11 21:13:29

Why havn't I spotted this thread before?! I will watch it with obsessional like tendencies, until somebody who also shares the love of Pollenca comes up with an alternative!

This is the area I always end up going to aswell, as it really does feel like home. How strange. I spent my birthday in Pollenca last year, a lovely walk around the food market in the square, a late breakfast, a jacuzzi on our penthouse roof terrace, followed by dinner in PP...happy days!

We always use villaparade ts71 but there are loads of different places to stay. If you find somewhere and want the heads up on how close it is to things, give me a shout, I'm happy to help. Or you could try the forum Peurtopollensa.com. I also love Soller and Deia for a few days, but PP is best for a longer base holiday.

sunnyday123 Wed 13-Jul-11 14:27:39

i went PP with my 2 dds 2 years ago and loved it but last year went to Cala d'or - i though it was much better at Cala D'or and loads for the kids to do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now