Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know of a great beach hotel which would accommodate four children

(17 Posts)
onthemoveyetagain Sat 28-May-11 22:45:21

Hi all,

I am getting really frustrated finding a great beach hotel and then realising we can't fit in! Anyone been to a great hotel on the beach which caters well for children and which would fit us all in.

Particularly would love to find somewhere really nice in the Canary Islands, Greece or Cyprus.

Would so appreciate any help.

PacificDogwood Sat 28-May-11 22:48:25

Oh, you and me, both, would like the answer to that one, onthemove.

I am of no help, sorry, but will watch with interest.
Good luck! I hope you find what we you are looking for grin.

onthemoveyetagain Sat 28-May-11 23:57:42

Pacificdogwood - we had a lovely week at the Natura Palace in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote last year. We had a two bed suite with a separate living room. Nice hotel. Don't know if that is of any use to you. Let's hope some people out there have some more advice for us. Good luck!

lancashirewife Sun 29-May-11 13:06:33

Does it have to be a hotel...and right on the beach?

Sorry to sound stupid...but these 3 bed apartments in Portugal aprt of a 5 star hotel where you can use thier facilities and they have a free shuttle bus 10mins away to the beach. Kids and baby pool, playground and playroom, kids menus, babychanging etc.....

Not sure whether space is more important to you than location. tripadvisor reviews are good - you'd need a hire car to get out and about though...

www.tivolihotels.com/Default.aspx?ID=5151

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g227947-d1141019-Reviews-Tivoli_Victoria-Vilamoura_Algarve.html

lancashirewife Sun 29-May-11 13:13:03

We had the same problem as you (3 kids 5 and under) and didn't want too long a flight so we're going to use the Tivoli as a base to explore. It took months to find somewhere suitable.

Looks like a great size apartment - website shows the floor plans - 3 bed and 3 bathrooms and the kids stuff looks good. (although we have 3 young kids and are not ready for full-on holiday clubs & mini discos etc just yet)

Portofino Sun 29-May-11 13:26:24

Go to www.booking.com. You can put in the number of children/ages and it will bring up a list of aparthotels/apartments. There are also reviews.

lancashirewife Sun 29-May-11 13:36:24

Or here

www.aldemarholidays.com/Rhodes/Aldemar-Paradise-Village/

PacificDogwood Sun 29-May-11 13:50:37

onthemove, thanks for that recommendation - Lanzarote is DH's favourite holiday destination ever grin.

I am off to look at the others too, thanks, lancashirewife.

This is were we have holidayed 5x in a row - not this year though as I was getting bored. It is not a hotel (selfcatering), not at the beach (15 min drive), but eminently child-friendly, run by a v nice English couple and I would highly recommend it. If we do not like this year's venue, we might well be back next year grin.

onthemoveyetagain Sun 29-May-11 20:05:06

Thanks everyone for the posts - will put the children to bed and have a little look : ) Nice problem to have! Ideally, I am looking for a hotel with apartments on the beach - not too demanding!!! But will explore the other options suggested on here. Thank you grin. Anyone else know of hotels on the beach which might work as well?

onthemoveyetagain Mon 30-May-11 17:13:23

Anyone else been to any nice four star hotels on the beach with suites?? I need your wise advice!

dorsetdumpling Mon 30-May-11 17:42:20

www.sani-resort.com has a deluxe family room which sleeps six. We were going to go this half term but are going next year instead.

wordsmithsforever Mon 30-May-11 17:48:41

Probably too far for you but this place is heavenly. My children wept when we left and apparently the staff tell me this is standard! See www.pumulabeachhotel.com/htm/main.htm

PacificDogwood Mon 30-May-11 20:32:50

wordsmiths, I think I might hate you a little bit for making me click on that link - too far, too dear, but how beautiful!

MaryPoppoff Mon 30-May-11 21:00:17

We haven't been yet but have booked to stay at the Iberostar Anthelia hotel in Tenerife in August with our 3 DC's. Their family suites can sleep 2 adults and up to 4 children I believe. Sorry can't link as phone giving me trouble but it has great reviews on TA for its child friendliness.

MaryPoppoff Mon 30-May-11 22:13:31

On PC now so can link to website for the Anthelia
It does say they can accomodate 4 children. From the blurb:
Family Rooms that have been specially elaborated for families, consisting of 2 communicating rooms, offering for your comfort 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The majority of these rooms are situated on the ground floor a few metres away from the grand heated pool and its Pool Bar.
Maximum capacity 2 adults and 4 children
HTH

wordsmithsforever Tue 31-May-11 16:55:46

I know Pacific - forgive me! Too far, too dear for us too now but do you think my children will forget about it!! grin

mel38 Wed 01-Jun-11 17:49:25

have a look at the princesa yaiza hotel ,playa blanca lanzarote on a lovely beach and has family royal kiko suites with a fab childrens bedroom with bean bags playstations etc and a huge double bedroom and a very large lounge/dining room . its lovely xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: