Talk

Advanced search

Going to Cork for 3 nights on Sunday - what are the must-sees?

(4 Posts)
CurlyhairedAssassin Fri 27-May-11 22:56:13

Staying centrally in Cork City with my mum. Can anyone recommend particular things to see in Cork City itself, plus also maybe further afield - we were thinking of going to Blarney Castle and Kinsale for example.

And any nice restaurants to eat in?

Much obliged!

can't wait - DH and I went to Dublin last year (first visit to Ireland) and had a great time.

TotalChaos Sat 28-May-11 09:53:13

if animals are your thing, Fota Wildlife Park is lovely, lots of free-roaming animals.

mnistooaddictive Sat 28-May-11 10:05:55

Fora wildlife park is my favourite place in the whole world. There us also a whiskey distillery in Middleton(?). That is great.

CurlyhairedAssassin Thu 02-Jun-11 12:47:42

Thanks for the suggestions - if I'd had the kids with me I would have gone to the wildlife park, we did actually pass it on the way to Cobh on a day tour, I think.

I came back yesterday - had a great time. We DID go to Kinsale and Blarney Castle and also thought of a whiskey distillery but then neither me nor my mum like whisky so it seemed a bit pointless! We went to the gaol and thought it was interesting we came out all depressed at the thought of all the suffering and hardship and poverty that people went through in Ireland during the potato famine etc! Would still recommend it though.

We just had a lovely time exploring Cork, shopping, mooching about, eating in fabby restaurants (one in particular called Market Lane - what a treat, we ate there 3 times it was so good!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: