Talk

Advanced search

Athens Hotels recommendations please

(7 Posts)
tulpe Mon 16-May-11 11:52:37

We have to stay in Athens overnight in August: 2 adults, 2 DCs.

Any recommendations? We would like to be within walking distance of the Acropolis as I have 2 greek history fanatics to appease smile

sinclair Wed 18-May-11 20:11:08

We stayed at the Novotel last year - had just been refurbished and there is a pool on the roof. Not walking distance but easy tube ride and we got a great rate on a family room with kids in a sofa bed. Breakfast was a huge buffet and free for kids so cost effective.

We loved Athens and can't way to get back - have a great holiday

ChippyMinton Fri 20-May-11 09:43:34

Bumping this for more suggestions please.

tulpe Sat 21-May-11 15:07:04

Thanks Sinclair. We really wanted to be as close as possible as we literally arrive at 7pm one evening and depart for airport at 4pm the next day.

Any more offerings?

ChippyMinton Sat 21-May-11 20:38:38

Have you looked on tripadvisor? DH & I are planning a long weekend later in the year and there are some good reviews on there.

imabiggirlnow Sun 07-Aug-11 14:31:30

Have you been yet tulpe? We are planning a trip late september for a couple of nights looking for similar type of thing?

tulpe Mon 22-Aug-11 00:49:08

Sorry - forgot I had started this thread!

We stayed at the AVA hotel in Plaka. It is fab. We took one of their executive rooms which had a balcony with views of the acropolis, Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's Arch. Lovely hotel - very down to earth staff, great breakfast and they really took great care of us.

It's location is brilliant as you are right in the centre of the old town of Athens with all the major sites within walking distance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now