Talk

Advanced search

Weather in Tenerife in August - Lisa2?

(9 Posts)
dorothybunny Thu 13-Jan-11 14:05:39

I'm looking to book a holiday to Tenerife in late August and was wondering if anyone could give an idea of how hot it might be. Friends have said they had to come back early one summer as temps were in the 40's and it was too hot for them. I'm a bit worried if this tends to be the norm that it might be too hot for the DC's (aged between 2 and 6). We've been avoiding looking at places in Turkey for the same reason and thought we had the resort and hotel sorted but this could be a stumbling block if it means we might all fry alive! Thanks for any help.

Lisa2 Thu 13-Jan-11 19:38:27

Hi there Dorothy bunny.

Yes, it is definatley hot here in august. Between the months of June and September are the hottest.
Saying that, the temp normally hovers around 30-35c.
I think you friend may have been here when we had a calima as it does get hotter then as the wind blows over from Africa bringing the sane with it but a calima will not last more than around 3 days and you can keep cool by being in the pool or ocean.

Tenerife is popular in these months as it is always possible to keep cool.
I find that if i get really hot a quick dip in the pool works wonders and i am fine for the next 20-30 mins before doing it again.

Most hotels now have air conditioning now too so i always advise some 'chill time' in the room fromaround 1/2pm until 3pm ish as that is when the day is the hottest.

Please do let me know if i can help further with any other questions that you may have.

Lisa.

dorothybunny Thu 13-Jan-11 21:34:05

That's great Lisa, thanks. We've made the leap and have booked. So excited. Sun here we come!

dietqueen Thu 13-Jan-11 21:44:57

we are going last week in July - will it be very hot then?

Lisa2 Thu 13-Jan-11 22:17:45

Oh yay ... where will you both be staying?

Yes dietqueen, july will be great too.
Dont forget to bring that factor 50 haha.

And, if you need any childcare just let me know.

Any other pointers or questions, just let me know.

Have a wonderful time as i am confident that you will. x

dietqueen Fri 14-Jan-11 13:36:30

Lisa2 - not sure what hotel to stay in either:

Marylanza - near the golf club but is it a trek to the main stretch of bars, restaurants
or someone has recommended the Bitacora - nice hotel, AI, good food and in the nice part of Playa.

Have also looked at the Sandos Bans - but this looks way out

What do you think?

dorothybunny Fri 14-Jan-11 13:43:52

We're staying at the Iberostar Anthelia in Costa Adeje. Got a great deal booking the flights and hotel separately. Lisa, I may well be contacting you nearer the time re childcare! Thank you.

Lisa2 Fri 14-Jan-11 18:10:51

Hi dietqueen.

OK, i know exactly where the Bitacora is but i have not actually been in the hotel to be able to comment but yes, you are in a nice part of Las Americas but far away enough not to hear any of the loud bars and club that are in las Veronicas.

The Marylanza the same, i have not been inside but i know that you are quite a way from things there and it is on a steep hill (if my memory serves me right)
It is also atimeshare complex i believe.

As for the Sandos Bans ... i have never even heard of it but have just looked online and it is in San Blas which is roughly 5 minutes from where i live and it is close to the airport, aprox 7/8 minute drive.
You are close to a large golf course if that takes your fancy and there are some nice little bars and restaurants in the area but not a proper beach.
The closest beach would be El Medano which is around a 10 minute drive away.

Let me know if you need to know anything else and i will try my best to help.

Lisa2 Fri 14-Jan-11 18:15:00

Dorothy bunny ... you have made a great choice here as this is my favourite hotel on the island.
Everything about it is great.

I was working over the christmas period for 10 days with a lovely family with a 4 and 5 year old and we had so much fun then bopped each night in the kids disco ... i actually felt like i was on holiday too, we all had a blast.
I was gutted when they went home

Il be happy to be of service but let me know as soon as you can as i am getting rather busy already this year.
I am busy until May so far

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now