Talk

Advanced search

Holiday with toddler; france; portugal self catering with pool; any recommendations?

(8 Posts)
bunnybunyip Wed 05-Jan-11 12:02:36

Hello all
Have had some great recommendations for accommodation from mumsnet before so thought I would give it another whirl.
Does anyone have any suggestions that would tick most of these boxes:

Self catering cottage
Pool (warm enough to use reasonably comfortably)
Near the coast
Short haul flight; preferably within a couple of hours of somewhere that ryanair flies to from eastmidlands, e.g. limoges, nantes, carcassonne, faro, mallorca.
Child friendly (for DS who will be 2)
REasonably bearable furnishings
Bookable online

Thanks all; I await your experience and wisdom!

bunnybunyip Wed 05-Jan-11 19:44:04

Anyone? Maybe there are too many boxes to tick!

frenchfancy Thu 06-Jan-11 06:46:55

What about this

www.mumsnet.com/Reviews/TravelShortHaul/5057-les-c hardonnerets-near-lucon-france

One hours drive from Nantes, heated pool

bunnybunyip Thu 06-Jan-11 10:26:10

Thanks frenchfancy. I liked the look of that one and have it on my short list. Only downside is not near the sea, but not sure if I will get all my boxes ticked! Does anyone know the coastline around Collioure, I like the look of it, and if so any accommodation recommendations near there?

Spoogy Sun 09-Jan-11 13:10:01

I can highly recommend www.escapetocharente.com
Ticks all your boxes and some!

GoAwaySnow Sun 09-Jan-11 13:16:24

Charante is fantastic, accessible from La Rochelle, Limoges and Bergerac. If you can find accommodation with pool I'd highly recommend Ile d'Oleron or Vendee (South of Nantes)

We have stayed in lovely house near St Gervais (30 mins to Nantes airport) but no pool.

Ruthiebabes Sun 09-Jan-11 14:22:31

We stayed in Charente Maritime last August, it was fab. I suggest you look at www.totstofrance.co.uk.... lots of lovely toddler friendly accomodation.

coveredinweetabix Sun 09-Jan-11 18:20:17

If you're self catering and want your own pool, I'd recommend France over Portugal (which I think from your thread title you're also considering) as in France all pools have to be fenced or have a child proof cover on them whereas there's no similar requirement in Portugal. We found it a bit more relaxing in France as, whilst we were obviously monitoring where all of the DC were, we didn't immediately go into complete panic mode when one seemed to disappear!

The area around La Rochelle is really nice. Good coast, there's a fab aquarium in LaR and the town itself is really nice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: