Talk

Advanced search

winter/spring sun with childcare for 18 month old - any suggestions?

(12 Posts)
rachelstephens Sun 02-Jan-11 22:59:40

hi, we are hoping to go away for 10 days (ish) at end of march or beginning of april. want some sun and stuff for kids.

our two kids will be 18 months old and 4 when we are there and we want somewhere with a kids club for both of them which limits us.

any suggestions for package holidays which might suit us please? as an indication we can't afford mark warner!!!

many thanks, rachel

rachelstephens Mon 03-Jan-11 13:43:12

anyone please? am in dire need of a holiday!!! ;)

thanks

poshtottie Mon 03-Jan-11 17:14:34

What is your budget? I would probably think the canaries would be your best bet for the warmer weather.

rachelstephens Tue 04-Jan-11 21:22:41

hi there, think we will have to spend about £2000 which is a huge amount but about half the cost of a mark warner holiday. first choice seem to be the only company which offers a creche for an under 3 year old. if anyone else knows of another company please, please let me know! thanks

angel1976 Tue 04-Jan-11 22:55:18

We booked a holiday with Thomson (AI in Sharm) for a week and it has a creche for 0-4 years old (must be prebooked and extra cost) and organised activities for kids 4-12 years old. Total holiday costs us nearer to £3k though but it is their 'luxury range' of hotels so maybe something in their 'normal' range will be more in your budget? We are going in April by the way, weather should be nice then!

rachelstephens Tue 04-Jan-11 23:32:06

ooh thanks, angel1976. just been looking at thomson but from looking at the website i thought the baby creches were only open from 1 may onwards. could you tell me which hotel you are staying at? thank very much!

angel1976 Wed 05-Jan-11 21:18:27

We are booked into the Sensatori Sharm but I had a quick browse at all the Sensatori hotels and they all look like they do the multi-sensory creche for 0-4 years old? You have to prebook and pay for this and it's costing us £105 for the morning sessions for the whole week (which to be honest, I thought was very reasonable!). DS2 will be 18 months old then. It says on the description they are opened from 5 April onwards and we are going mid-April. We also have a DS1 who will be 3.2 then. I called their call centre and they explained that I could book him into the creche or he could also go into the organised childcare activities bit (for 3-12 years old), which is free. Basically, book him into the creche if he is 'young' for his age but if he is sociable and enjoy being with other children, he will probably enjoy the organised activities better so we only booked the creche for DS2. Website here. I could be wrong but I imagine if you go to Tenerife or somewhere nearer, you may make your budget? Good luck! grin

angel1976 Wed 05-Jan-11 21:22:53

P.S. I just did a quick search and a week AI in Sensatori Tenerife is coming up at about £2000 for the week starting 5 April for the basic package.

rachelstephens Thu 06-Jan-11 23:16:47

thanks so much angel1976, that is really kind of you! unfortunately we need to go in march as it turns out as my husband's boss is off on his hols at the start of april himself. we have ended up booking a first choice resort with creche so am hoping it is nice and we all have a good time! thanks for your help and have a great holiday

angel1976 Fri 07-Jan-11 20:09:25

I have heard good stuff about the First Choice holidays so good luck and have fun!

rachelstephens Sat 08-Jan-11 21:10:09

we're going to cancel the holiday we booked! i found out that the holiday village we are booked into has had repeated incidents of severe gastric illnesses, ecoli etc which i know only affects a small proportion of visitors but with an 18 month old i don't want to risk it and there is only so much i can do to stop him putting his hand in his mouth before washing it! oh well, back to square one!

Lisa2 Sun 09-Jan-11 00:54:28

Hi Rachel.

I live and work in Tenerife as a childcarer and have my own little company called www.tenerifechildcare.com
I have been a nanny for 16 years and a maternity night nurse for 6 years.

If you need any suggestions on hotels etc please dont hesitate to ask and i will help you the best that i can.

Lisa.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: