Talk

Advanced search

cyprus -whats coral bay like?

(11 Posts)
blueberrysorbet Thu 16-Dec-10 13:51:38

i will be taking the kids 4 and 2, to cyprus - what's coral bay like, and kato paphos? I plan to rent an apartment with walking distance of beach for ease! thanks for any advice

Pootles2010 Thu 16-Dec-10 13:54:29

Er.... I would say you NEED a rental car.

blueberrysorbet Thu 16-Dec-10 14:17:46

yes, I plan that, but where did you stay? would you go back?

Pootles2010 Thu 16-Dec-10 14:29:37

We stayed in apartments about 30 min walk from centre of new paphos, wouldn't recommend it, too far from beach. Coral Bay is alright. Hated new Paphos, all naf bars imho. Old town quite nice though. The island as a whole is stunning however, hence the car! If you go up into mountains, be prepared for it being a lot colder than lower down. I froze and the locals laughed at me! We went to Seven St George's Tavern, which is real mezze, no menu, they just keep bringing you food, the owner is a bit nuts but very nice. Its about 40 mins walk from Paphos, google it.

Also went to Kings Castle, quite near Coral Bay, right up on a hillside with amazing views.

Oh about the rental car - would def recommend 4x4, wouldn't want to try road to kings castle without it! There are a lot of very dodgy roads there.

Monty27 Thu 16-Dec-10 14:48:15

Blue - what time of year are you going?

I love Cyprus. Coral Bay beach is great, it gets huges waves a lot of the time. As Pootles says, the mountains are fantastic, and a great relief when the temperatures lower down are high (ifyswim confused).

blueberrysorbet Thu 16-Dec-10 15:00:54

april...

Pootles2010 Thu 16-Dec-10 15:10:15

Should be nice, not too hot, and the flowers etc are all out in the spring.

Monty27 Thu 16-Dec-10 18:52:12

It'll be lovely

blueberrysorbet Thu 16-Dec-10 19:17:08

what is larnaca like? i have never been! everyone says its lovely but where should I avoid!? thanks

Monty27 Thu 16-Dec-10 22:36:13

I don't know Larnaca Blue I've been to Paphos, well I stayed in a little village just outside, about 4 times and I've only ever been in August when it was scorching hot. April would be fantastic. Funny i was going to a wedding in Paphos in April but some travel company went down and the wedding's been postponed Was looking forward to it as well.

Pootles2010 Fri 17-Dec-10 10:40:11

One place we did love was Pissouri, on the south coast. Really beautiful beach, there's a 5 star resort on the beach, but they aren't allowed to make it private, so its lovely but anyone can go there! Worth a day trip even if you don't stay there.... rather hairy journey though, very steep roads! All good fun though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: