Talk

Advanced search

Bella Italia - Lake Garda - anyone been?

(3 Posts)
Portofino Wed 24-Nov-10 19:54:51

Dd loves the Kids clubs at these places. I have a booking with Eurocamp for which I must shortly pay the deposit, IF we are going to take it up......

I am undecided. Looks fun, and I have been to Peschiera before so happy about the area. Tripadvisor reviews mostly good, but the scrum for the pool sounds a bit offputting. We will go 2nd week of July.

Any real MN advice is much appreciated!

MmeLindt Mon 29-Nov-10 16:29:09

We have been a few times and the only thing that puts me off is the amount of Germans there. It is only a few hours from Munich so they get a lot of visitors from southern Germany.

Which side of the lake are you looking at? The Limone side is less touristy than the Garda side.

Otherwise, I can highly recommend the campsite in Tuscany, called Il Girasole. Don't know about the kids club but the site is lovely and the area around about gorgeous. Think it is eurocamp too.

SXMummy Tue 28-Dec-10 17:46:50

Hi! We went 2nd week of sept 2009 to this site with eurocamp. The vans are clean and as good as other eurocamps I've been to. It is a very large site offering apartments, tents, caravans and mobiles so room is limited per pitch. However good to loos and amenities from everywhere in the site. On site restaurants are good, cheap and served children, teens and adults all well. The only issue we had was the pool and lack of sunbed and space. We usually sat on the lakes beach instead which is directly outside the gate of the site. Its a pretty lake, clean beach and several beach type bars etc and a very pretty walk to town. It's a big site so you will either find you like it and this suits you or you won't. My husband and I really liked it and families were having a great time (this was pre baby) and overall had a fantastic holiday. Verona and Venice are also close by train if you want to arrange an overnighter elsewhere like we did. Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: