Talk

Advanced search

Summer 2011 - Any recommendations for split rooms short haul

(7 Posts)
rookiemater Sat 20-Nov-10 22:09:06

Hi there,
We are looking to book for school holidays next summer with our 5 year old. We will be going in July so we want somewhere that isn't absolutely scorching then - we were thinking Canaries or Majorca/Menorca.
We don't want to share a room with DS so we would want something like a one or two bedroomed suite, but would rather it was at a hotel or aparthotel with restaurants rather than full blown self catering.

As DS is an only he likes company on holiday so somewhere with a kids club, but if possible a fairly relaxed one that parents can come into iyswim.

We went to Chia Village in Sardinia and enjoyed that and I have been looking at Princess Yaiza as I think we would like that, but it is pretty pricey so wondering if there are any similar less expensive options

Lisa2 Sun 21-Nov-10 13:35:35

Hiya.
I live and work with children in Tenerife and know many of the hotels through my work.

I would say to have a look at the iberostar Anthelia park hotel.

It has everything you need to have a perfect family holiday plus the inter connecting rooms.

It has a great kids club, mini disco followed by a great show every night, great swimming pools with lovely views over the oceanas it set right on a lovely beach.

There is loads to do on the beach itself. There is minigolf, family bike hire, a soft play place on the beach close to mc'donnalds, lots of shops, bars and restaurants etc.
it really is a great place to get everything that you want out of your family holiday.

Please let me know if i can help further.

Lisa.

rookiemater Sun 21-Nov-10 14:50:04

Thanks Lisa, we went to Tenerife in October and liked it very much,stayed at the Regency Club, which had a lot of what we wanted but was too far from the beach and was very expensive for what it was.
I will check out hte Anthelia park.

Lisa2 Tue 23-Nov-10 16:37:18

Yes, i know the regency, it is by the gran sur shopping centre and i know what you mean about it being too far from the beach!!

The Anthelia is right on the beach so it is perfect.

Let meknow if you need any other ideas.x

notserp Tue 07-Dec-10 13:40:57

Hi rookiemater, if you like Chia Village then you could try Kempinski Bahia near Marbella in Spain, or my favourite Abama in Tenerife which never disappoints. You can sometimes get special offers that can make everything more affordable. Good luck! x

rookiemater Mon 13-Dec-10 15:18:11

Thanks Notserp, I think I may have found a villa with kids club in tuscany that fits the bill, fingers crossed

Lisa2 Tue 14-Dec-10 17:19:30

Oh yes Notserp, the Abama hotel is very beautiful. Most of my work comes from clients who are going to stay there somuch so that when 2 of the regular doormen are on they say to me 'welcome home' and give me the 2 kisses, bless.

I am going to be there next week then doing odd bits over xmas and the new year!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now