Talk

Advanced search

Paris - recommendations?

(6 Posts)
nigglewiggle Fri 19-Nov-10 22:38:34

DH has suggested a trip to Paris to "get to know eachother again" any suggestions for good places to stay/ eat?

nigglewiggle Sat 20-Nov-10 15:59:07

Bump

lovemydog Sun 21-Nov-10 17:53:21

We are in hotel notre-dame on the quay st Michel right now and can recommend. Can,t do links on iPad but a google search should bring up. (rooms by christi a lacroix, if that helps). Food - so far very disappointing! Last night tonight so hope to find something nice.

nigglewiggle Sun 21-Nov-10 20:45:03

Oooh, a live report - thank you. I'll check the hotel out and eagerly await your restaurant review.

Enjoy the remainder of your stay smile.

lovemydog Mon 22-Nov-10 23:03:59

Well, struck lucky with a nice restaurant on the ile st Louis last night but can't remember its name! Might have been something simple like brasserie ile st louis . . . Classic stuff, I had onion tart and salad while DH had good steak and chips. Great ice cream by Berthillon. Most of the places on the ile st louis looked good. The lady at the hotel was not impressed by our own choice of restaurants, wish we'd asked for her recommendations first! (Should have written Christian Lacroix above, of course - lethal combination of iPad and wine . . .)

nigglewiggle Wed 24-Nov-10 19:50:37

I guessed that was what you meant, though i'm no fashionista! You are making me hungry with your descriptions of food! your hotel looks lovely and seems to be in a good location. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: