Talk

Advanced search

Would really like to go to France in the summer - no idea where

(6 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Tue 09-Nov-10 17:31:24

DD would love to go back to Disney for a day, but this is not high on my list. grin I'd like a bit of culture/history/shopping. Museums, chateaus, kiddy friendly trips/days out.

We have a campervan so can drive round a few different places. Anyone got any ideas of anywhere to visit/general areas to go????

Thanks.

cantdecidewhattodo Wed 10-Nov-10 08:50:59

You can't beat the Loire valley for fantastic chateaus. Nice wine too! grin

VivaLeBeaver Wed 10-Nov-10 11:10:43

I like the sound of nice wine, grin. Thanks, off to google the Loire.

aznerak Wed 10-Nov-10 15:41:43

I would recommend the Languedoc. Down south, lots to see and do, lovely people, fantastic wine, fab fab fab!

cantdecidewhattodo Thu 11-Nov-10 11:51:02

aznerak - I have stayed briefly in Carcassone, lovely town, would love to return.

aznerak Thu 11-Nov-10 16:13:00

it is a beautiful area, we are lucky enough to go there several times a year. There is tons to see and do as you have a wonderful coastline, but also some stunning safe rivers, inland lakes, plus lots of other interesting stuff as it is an area rich in dinosaur history, great for food and drink and tons of other fab places to visit! Carcassonne is wonderful - the silhouette was the inspiration for Walt Disney's magical kingdom too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now