How can I tell if my vag is still presentable and functioning?

(36 Posts)
ToooOldForThis Tue 24-Nov-20 20:51:36

After many single years I have the chance of having sex...am utterly panicked about the state of my vagina. 2 natural childbirths 10+ years ago, no one has been in there since other than nurses doing smear tests and the doc who fitted my coil. Would one of them have told me if it was a car crash down there? How do i even know if everything has gone back in the right place? I'm so worried about this, any advice?

OP’s posts: |
FortunesFave Tue 24-Nov-20 21:07:24

If you're not in pain or uncomfortable then it's fine! Men love vaginas so much that they don't usually judge them OP.

xpc316e Tue 24-Nov-20 21:12:39

Vulvas & vaginas have an infinite numbers of looks, and there is no 'normal' way for women to look. Any man who is afforded the privilege of access to your sexual parts will not be concerned in the slightest by how it looks down there.

Best wishes.

ToooOldForThis Tue 24-Nov-20 22:19:51

Thank you!
But what if there's something wrong? Would smear check up people have told me this?

PinotPony Tue 24-Nov-20 23:02:29

What do you mean by "wrong"? Do you mean how it looks aesthetically? Or are you worried about something like tightness?

ToooOldForThis Tue 24-Nov-20 23:04:38

All of it really! Tightness must be an issue I'm so worried it feels bad for him.
And I had stitches both times it's awful looking down there compared to before.

Whatliesbeneath707 Wed 25-Nov-20 07:11:52

@ToooOldForThis - bless you, I wouldn’t worry about how things look down there, as I’m sure that won’t be at the forefront of your OHs mind, just like @xpc316e has said.
The vagina has an amazing capacity to deliver a baby, recover and heal - another wonderful part of the human body.
Enjoy your new relationship and all that goes with it!

Advertisement

user1471505356 Wed 25-Nov-20 09:27:01

The Guardian newspaper publishes photos of 100 vulvas online.

TooTrueToBeGood Wed 25-Nov-20 09:48:54

I honestly wouldn't worry, not about what your eventual partner(s) might think anyway. Never in the whole of human history has a heterosexual man looked at a vagina and thought "nah, that's not up to my standards".

PinotPony Wed 25-Nov-20 09:49:21

TooTrueToBeGood

I honestly wouldn't worry, not about what your eventual partner(s) might think anyway. Never in the whole of human history has a heterosexual man looked at a vagina and thought "nah, that's not up to my standards".

😂😂

rwalker Wed 25-Nov-20 18:38:28

As long as it's not swinging between your knees I'm sure he won't notice or care .

ToooOldForThis Wed 25-Nov-20 21:05:27

TooTrueToBeGood

That made me really laugh! You are all right, i know you are. I just don't want to be the one he remembers as having the big bucket fanjo. Tempted by one of those pelvic floor exercisers...

Happyhusband Wed 25-Nov-20 21:53:59

If he's only got 3 inches then any fanjo will be a big bucket....grin

CarolVordermansBum Thu 26-Nov-20 08:42:29

Mines in a right state, I think if anyone seen it they would need therapy afterwards

ToooOldForThis Thu 26-Nov-20 12:48:03

CarolVordermansBum

Mines in a right state, I think if anyone seen it they would need therapy afterwards

Yip this is how i feel too!

BLToutanowhere Thu 26-Nov-20 13:10:10

Man see vagina, man go wooo! We are not complicated beasts.

gindinner Thu 26-Nov-20 19:13:20

This is going to sound odd. You need to spend some time looking at it until you get used to it. 😁. Seriously

PinotPony Fri 27-Nov-20 17:06:06

https://www.gashtrays.com/
I've bought one of these kits... that's Christmas presents sorted! 😂

zarek Fri 27-Nov-20 19:58:38

Must admit I've never come across an unpresentable vag. I wouldn't fret too much.

ToooOldForThis Fri 27-Nov-20 23:46:00

What if it's an absolute cavernous bucket though??

TooTrueToBeGood Sat 28-Nov-20 08:35:52

ToooOldForThis

What if it's an absolute cavernous bucket though??

Stop it. Find your self confidence and stop looking for problems. For the record, my wife had 5 children all by vaginal birth before we met and another one with me. She has stretch marks that make her tummy look like an OS map of the Cairngorms, boobs that have completely given up fighting with gravity and a vag that you'd think might whistle like a milk bottle in a strong breeze. Yet she was when we met and still is now, 25+ years on, the only woman I want and she is sexy as hell.

There is so much more to beauty and attractiveness than the one-dimensional nonsense promoted by the media and glamour industries. True beauty comes from within and doesn't age. That may sound like romantic nonsense but it really isn't. If it was then all the "beautiful" people would be in perfect relationships and all the rest of us would remain single for life.

ToooOldForThis Sat 28-Nov-20 18:06:14

That is both the funniest and the loveliest post I've read for a while! Thank you!

MisterT373 Sat 28-Nov-20 20:47:42

Reminds me of the story of the women who in an attempt to get her husband turned on she texts him a picture of her vagina to which he responds "oh great! Looking forward to lasagne for dinner "

StrawberryTot Sun 29-Nov-20 01:16:44

Do you still have a vagina?

Do you feel ready to have sex?

If you answered yes to these two questions then you have a vagina that is presentable and functioning.

How you display it, is totally up to you grin

hairykiwi Sun 29-Nov-20 10:48:57

What @TooTrueToBeGood said, with bells on.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in