Painful sex 13 weeks postpartum

(5 Posts)
Susmcc Thu 09-May-19 19:49:25

Thanks for the reply guys. Baby is due back for next round of shots so I'll ask the doctor to check me out then too 👍

OP’s posts: |
Badgergirl123 Wed 08-May-19 11:37:12

Hi OP,
I recently came off the mini pill after taking it for two months and having constant spotting / bleeding. A couple of days after stopping no issues at all. Think it's the proestogen that causes it, had all the symptoms of early pregnancy. Not for me!

EmptyOrchestra Mon 06-May-19 17:03:40

And honestly, if things are very uncomfortable internally, I’d be avoiding PIV completely - get used to a finger again first and take the pressure off. There’s no way I could have done it at that stage

EmptyOrchestra Mon 06-May-19 17:01:39

DH didn’t get anywhere near my vagina for 9 months after my emergency section. Are you breastfeeding? The hormonal changes can ruin things down below for quite some time - did you use a lot of lubricant?

I’d see the doctor about the bleeding though to be safe - that always needs investigating

Susmcc Sun 05-May-19 19:49:21

Hi all, I had my beautiful daughter 13 weeks ago. After issues with delivery I ended up with an emergency section. I had sex with my husband at about 7 weeks (I went on the mini pill at 6weeks) sex was really uncomfortable and I bled afterwards and got what I assume to be a period the next day. She's 13 weeks now and we had sex again last night (only our second time) and again it was really uncomfortable and I bled afterward and my husband had blood on penis. I've been spotting daily since having her and am not sure if it's down to the baby or the pill. Anybody else have issues with prolonged spotting or uncomfortable sex?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in