Low sex drive- do I need to see a doctor?

(6 Posts)
Namechange246 Sat 15-Jul-17 18:29:24

Ok here goes..DH is getting increasingly fed up as I almost never want to have sex.
We are both in our 40s, 3DCs age 13,11 5.
We both work but although he works more hours than I do he never seems to be as exhausted as I am! I honestly dread his approaches as I just cannot be bothered. He is a good looking attractive man and I do love him but my sex drive is almost non existent. Is this normal at my age and after almost 20 years of marriage? Help please.

OP’s posts: |
museumum Sat 15-Jul-17 18:37:57

I thought my sex drive was gone after dc1. We planned a weekend away for my birthday and tbh I was dreading that I'd have to have sex and pretend I wanted to.
One lovely meal, evening together with no tv, unlimited sleep / lie in and suddenly I really wanted morning sex smile

TBH I still cba to squeeze it in and feel it as an extra "to do" in normal life. But I'm happy to say I'm not coming moletely broken and with time to myself and personal space my drive comes back.
Dh is resigned to the low frequency for now.

OrlandaFuriosa Sun 16-Jul-17 11:48:44

Check out your exhaustion levels. And how much you both do round the house and child caring etc. You may well be low in eg iron or vit D. And /or you may be doing much more than him.

I say this because it's hell both to be a partner who constantly wants sex when you don't, and hell to be the unwanted partner which destroys your self esteem and may send you down other routes.

Hope you manage to sort the exhaustion out. flowers

OrlandaFuriosa Sun 16-Jul-17 11:49:39

*Sorry, to have a partner who wants sex when you don't, and to be that partner.

Aquamarine1029 Mon 17-Jul-17 14:37:58

I think you should have your hormone levels checked. You might need more testosterone.

Guavaf1sh Sun 23-Jul-17 20:19:43

Yes, if only to show your partner that you recognise that there is a problem and you're taking steps to address it. Talking through the issues will be facilitated by this

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in