Sex after a very long time

(6 Posts)
FretYeNotAllIsShiny Thu 20-Jul-17 10:17:52

Just take things slow, don't be in a rush to get into the bedroom and straight down to it. There will come a point where you can't keep your hands off each other and by that time you'll probably not be so bothered about things. Some nice lingerie is good for a confidence boost, if you feel sexy, you are sexy.

phoenixashes9 Thu 20-Jul-17 09:56:58

Do you masturbate?

Masturbate. Get to know your body again.

YetAnotherGuy Wed 21-Jun-17 20:04:57

If you read these threads, the problem appears to be after 10 or 20 years, not the early days

Most men will be absolutely made up to be actually "doing it"

And we certainly don't expect some airbrushed goddess - a real-life goddess will be even better

HerOtherHalf Mon 19-Jun-17 10:38:39

If you trust him enough to be intimate with him, it will work out fine. If you don't trust him enough, don't pressure yourself into having to do it. When it comes to doing the deed t, just relax and forget all about your insecurities or body confidence issues. If he is there with you it's because he wants to be and he finds you attractive.

noego Mon 19-Jun-17 09:00:20

Build up the anticipation to get in the mood. Fantasise, Everything will fine. Relax. Just get back in the saddle smile

toitoi Mon 19-Jun-17 07:10:15

My ex and I hadn't had sex for a number of years when we eventually split up. Actually the thought didn't appeal at all and I have now realised that it wasn't just me not wanting to, it was me not wanting to do it with a controlling twat. So I am in the really early stages of a new relationship. If it comes to sex, how do you go about it with a new person after such a long time without sex at all? The last time I had sex with someone who wasn't my ex, I was young and slim and carefree and it was the early 1990s. Ffs, women had pubic hair in those days (and I still do!).

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in