How do you 'let go' when DTD?

(6 Posts)
mrsnowherenear Wed 26-Aug-15 08:12:30

I am comfortable with my body, love and trust my DH but cannot completely relax and through caution to the wind when we're having sex. We do have 2 dc age 10 and 12 who are sometimes awake when we go to bed but we have a lock on the bedroom door and to be honest I feel the same when they are staying at friends. I think we have a good sex life but it's not reaching it's full potential yet.

OP’s posts: |
itsraininginbaltimore Wed 26-Aug-15 08:13:25

Have you always been like this or was it better before children?

winchester1 Wed 26-Aug-15 08:14:31

Have a glass of wine beforehand until you get use to just letting go on your own.

mrsnowherenear Wed 26-Aug-15 08:18:58

I think it was better before the dc but I don't really know why. We carried on having sex all through pregnancies and soon after having them.
I have tried the glass of wine but maybe need to drink a bit more! Trouble is if I drink too much I find it harder to orgasm.

OP’s posts: |
Heyho111 Wed 26-Aug-15 10:24:26

Your brain is set on 'omg, they might hear us or need me'. It's almost impossible to switch it off. I have to say it gets worse as they get older as they just don't sleep !
You're just going to have to practice it. As soon as they are out make a fun game of making the most of the time. The more you do it the easier it will become to relax.

OddlyLogical Thu 27-Aug-15 16:09:16

Do you ever get an opportunity with no-one else in the house?
That can really make a difference when it comes to relaxing.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in